Fleck Hires Offensive Analyst

Analysts are not allowed to coach players, correct? But could help with game planning and scouting opponents,

Also with a QB coach background, feels like he's "on deck" to become QB coach if Harbaugh gets hired elsewhere or doesn't get the job done.

Fleck Hires Offensive Analyst...

I wish we'd hire nice analysts...already enough misunderstanding in the world that PJ would hire someone whose lacking in the social skills...
PJ is going to trade for Kyrie next if we’re going the offensive route.

We'll all be the judge of the hire if everything pretty much the same by the end of the upcoming season.

We'll be fine if we only use plays that work. I don't like the plays that don't work. We need to figure that out.
We also should play to win instead of not to lose. For instance go for it on 4th down…unless we are going to get stopped more…then punt more. Return kicks more. Unless we are going to be tackled inside the 25…then more touchbacks, etc

We also should play to win instead of not to lose. For instance go for it on 4th down…unless we are going to get stopped more…then punt more. Return kicks more. Unless we are going to be tackled inside the 25…then more touchbacks, etc

EXACTLY!

If you call a running play and it gets stuffed, call a pass instead. If you call a pass and it results in an INT, you bench the QB and fire the coach.

Duh.

I don’t care if they run or pass, or even that our plays aren’t always successful. That’s what makes it a game. The other team is trying their best to win it, too.
What I hope for is to be less predictable. Don’t give the other team a built-in advantage because they know what’s coming. I also think there can be an advantage in a versatile offensive team that doesn’t need to use sub packages much. Third and 15: ok, run some more receivers out. Third and 1: maybe you sub in a heavy package. If we have backs that can catch and tight ends that can either block or be split out and a QB that is a threat to run…you can get right up on the line and prevent the D from subbing for specific circumstances (or quick snap to catch them with 12 men on the field if they try). I can’t imagine PJ ever turning into an up-tempo guy. But we could dictate matchups this way, even if we still sit at the line for 25 seconds looking at the sidelines.

I don’t care if they run or pass, or even that our plays aren’t always successful. That’s what makes it a game. The other team is trying their best to win it, too.
What I hope for is to be less predictable. Don’t give the other team a built-in advantage because they know what’s coming. I also think there can be an advantage in a versatile offensive team that doesn’t need to use sub packages much. Third and 15: ok, run some more receivers out. Third and 1: maybe you sub in a heavy package. If we have backs that can catch and tight ends that can either block or be split out and a QB that is a threat to run…you can get right up on the line and prevent the D from subbing for specific circumstances (or quick snap to catch them with 12 men on the field if they try). I can’t imagine PJ ever turning into an up-tempo guy. But we could dictate matchups this way, even if we still sit at the line for 25 seconds looking at the sidelines.

Yes. It would be really good to be less predictable.

If I was a B1G coach, I would have a graduate assistant on the sidelines who would be in charge of predicting the opponents' next play. A 'predictions strategy' coordinator, if you will.

Hmmm we haven’t even started spring practice yet and PJ is worried his co-offensive coordinators are in over their heads?
All kidding aside, it seems like a good idea and hire.
We may just be the TCU of 2023.

I believe there is also a push for analysts to be able to do more on field coaching. This would likely help the QB room if allowed.

I believe there is also a push for analysts to be able to do more on field coaching. This would likely help the QB room if allowed.
Can they have meetings with them? Film sessions?

Hmmm we haven’t even started spring practice yet and PJ is worried his co-offensive coordinators are in over their heads?
Thanks for the positivity. A great schedule and challenge ahead for our team. I expect 8 to 9 wins this coming season. We will beat Iowa, WI and the crossover upset will be MI. We owe Khakis from the Halloween game.

Thanks for the positivity. A great schedule and challenge ahead for our team. I expect 8 to 9 wins this coming season. We will beat Iowa, WI and the crossover upset will be MI. We owe Khakis
If you have us beating Iowa and Michigan, why are you expecting 8 to 9 wins?

If you expect to beat Iowa and Michigan, you should expect 11-1 or 10-2.

The title is nebulous and wide ranging. The people who fill the roles rarely speak publicly.

Analysts — on offense, defense and in general — dot support staffs of college football programs around the country. But what are they?

The NCAA rulebook doesn’t give a firm definition. Analysts fall under a category beyond the “countable” 10 assistants each program is allotted. They’re lumped in with other sport-related “noncoaching staff members” like directors of operations, administrative assistants, quality control personnel and video coordinators.

The NCAA is investigating Nebraska in part for improper use of special teams analyst Jonathan Rutledge, who was let go in January.

During practices and games, analysts by rule may observe the proceedings and interact with coaches. What they can’t do at those times is engage in any “coaching activities” with players. That includes skill instruction, strategy planning and participating in drills.

Ted Monachino — a former defensive analyst at Missouri who is now the Atlanta Falcons’ linebackers coach — told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch in 2018 his role during workouts was to assist, support and simplify whenever possible.

“I can’t give any instruction to a player on the field,” Monachino said then. “Now I can stand back and point out big things effortwise, but I can’t really coach on the field. Now in the building, when I walk by guys I can talk football with them. They can come watch tape. They can do a lot of things.

“But out there on the grass I can’t (coach). The majority of my time has been in film study. It’s been a great lab for me.”

The analyst position barely existed in college football a decade ago, but has become an edge for big-budget programs.

There is no limit to how many a team can have — Alabama, for example, lists 11. Nebraska carries seven. Much of their responsibility often focuses on creating detailed game plans that traditional coaches don’t have time to do.

Nebraska offensive coordinator Matt Lubick said Wednesday that the Huskers’ analysts have a range of jobs including scouting opponents, keeping the team organized and providing ideas — especially in the offseason. Traditional staff give them projects to research and study.

“You can’t have enough wisdom in the room,” Lubick said. “We’re lucky here where we’ve got some experienced analysts that bring a lot of credibility, a lot of knowledge, a lot of expertise. We need all the help we can get like everybody else does, and it made us better.”

If there was only a way to join the weakest P5 conference in CFB!

After what seems like a decade of MO carrying the ball thirty+ times in a game, PJ needs someone to help him plan an offense without MO.

After what seems like a decade of MO carrying the ball thirty+ times in a game, PJ needs someone to help him plan an offense without MO.
I doubt they plan for it at the start of the season.

They just find out he is the most reliable…

If you have us beating Iowa and Michigan, why are you expecting 8 to 9 wins?

If you expect to beat Iowa and Michigan, you should expect 11-1 or 10-2.
On the 8-9 wins, we seem to lay an egg or two every season. Until we can correct that or at least skip the Home Coming game I cannot expect a 10 win regular season.
I do not see us losing to Iowa this coming season. I truly believe we will be better team this year and will get PJ his W against them. I picked Michigan because I do not like the coach and it should be a huge game at home. With this seasons schedule I expect the bank to be rocking.

On the 8-9 wins, we seem to lay an egg or two every season. Until we can correct that or at least skip the Home Coming game I cannot expect a 10 win regular season.
I do not see us losing to Iowa this coming season. I truly believe we will be better team this year and will get PJ his W against them. I picked Michigan because I do not like the coach and it should be a huge game at home. With this seasons schedule I expect the bank to be rocking.
Not sure if it is officially announced, but would assume homecoming this year is Sept 30 vs Louisiana.

Had been a dangerous program under Billy Napier, but they regressed quite a bit last season in the first year of his replacement. So hopefully that will continue to hold.

Would be great to be at least 3-1 going into that game. At UNC might be a tough task.

Yes, I'll bet it seemed like a decade to a Badger fan.

Top Bottom