Five games in 11 days

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Due to the Illinois postponement the Gophers will play 5 games in 11 days. Brutal schedule for any team—but especially one that is short handed. Hopefully they can compete like they did against Iowa. It at least looked like several of them cared and tried.

These games will show a lot to me because of the bad season, end of year and tough travel/prep schedule. We’ll see what happens.

Due to the Illinois postponement the Gophers will play 5 games in 11 days. Brutal schedule for any team—but especially one that is short handed. Hopefully they can compete like they did against Iowa. It at least looked like several of them cared and tried.

These games will show a lot to me because of the bad season, end of year and tough travel/prep schedule. We’ll see what happens.
Go max effort against Penn State and Nebraska. "Load Management" for the other 3 as we have no chance to win.

I know they are young, but that seems like a recipe for injury.

Load management for what? They're college kids with zero chance of playing in the post season.
Folks seem to think we "ran out of gas" yesterday. I don't want to hear that excuse in those two games at least. If it means more minutes for TT, Samuels etc. in the Illinois/MSU/Maryland games so that starters can play 30 + against PSU and Nebraska, do that. A win would be nice. No one cares if we lose to Illinois by 20 instead of 30.

Folks seem to think we "ran out of gas" yesterday. I don't want to hear that excuse in those two games at least. If it means more minutes for TT, Samuels etc. in the Illinois/MSU/Maryland games so that starters can play 30 + against PSU and Nebraska, do that. A win would be nice. No one cares if we lose to Illinois by 20 instead of 30.

They ran out of gas because they’ve been out of shape the entire season.

If the only thing we have to 'look forward to' is the development of young players, then they should be playing as many minutes as possible the rest of the season. 'Resting' college players is insanely ridiculous. Maybe by the end of the season they'll finally be in game shape.

I guess this off-season more running less time wasted shooting FT's...

If the only thing we have to 'look forward to' is the development of young players, then they should be playing as many minutes as possible the rest of the season. 'Resting' college players is insanely ridiculous. Maybe by the end of the season they'll finally be in game shape.
I'm not suggesting anyone sit out entire games as the NBA does. Just give the bench guys more than 2 minutes run in the 1st half.

Hey Weather Guy, I get your takes on some things on the board, but "they've been out of shape all season?" C'mon man, you can argue about their level of talent, construction of roster, etc., but they're out of shape? The coaches are idiots and they didn't know they needed to get them in shape? Can we try to keep these discussions at a reasonable level?

Hey Weather Guy, I get your takes on some things on the board, but "they've been out of shape all season?" C'mon man, you can argue about their level of talent, construction of roster, etc., but they're out of shape? The coaches are idiots and they didn't know they needed to get them in shape? Can we try to keep these discussions at a reasonable level?
Soft bellies were reported.

Have you watched the games? They've looked out of shape and gassed all season. It has been very obvious and I'm not the only one saying this.

Have you watched the games? They've looked out of shape and gassed all season. It has been very obvious and I'm not the only one saying this.
Yes, I've been to a number of them. OK, that's not what I'm seeing. I do know that sometimes when your team is getting pounded it's easier to show that you're gassed.

Yes, I've been to a number of them. OK, that's not what I'm seeing. I do know that sometimes when your team is getting pounded it's easier to show that you're gassed.

The fact that we're even talking about players being gassed in mid February after they've been practicing for 4 months and are more than 3/4 of the way through the season tells you all you really need to know.

“People are saying etc…” = a crap argument.
I’ve attended every game at the Barn and viewed every away game, Wet, there’s a big difference in being gassed and being in game shape. Battle, Cooper and Garcia play extended minutes routinely, do they get fatigued at times?. Umm,Yes. Does this means they are out of shape? No. Wet, I get your bit and your oh so provocative takes but saying the team isn’t in proper shape is nonsense.

Or you know....they might be a little more exhausted in recent games because they have been down 2 key players since the Garcia and Carrington injuries.

I’ve attended every game at the Barn and viewed every away game, Wet, there’s a big difference in being gassed and being in game shape. Battle, Cooper and Garcia play extended minutes routinely, do they get fatigued at times?. Umm,Yes. Does this means they are out of shape? No. Wet, I get your bit and your oh so provocative takes but saying the team isn’t in proper shape is nonsense.
Well said

Post more!

Or you know....they might be a little more exhausted in recent games because they have been down 2 key players since the Garcia and Carrington injuries.

Samuels and TT barely played last game. Maybe they should play more since they're down 2 key players and 'players are gassed.'

Funny how we're the team that's always gassed, and we're the only team with injuries, yet no one else looks gassed against us.

Last edited:

Unless they just push back to Thursday night, I don't see how the MSU game gets re-scheduled.

Samuels and TT barely played last game. Maybe they should play more since they're down 2 key players and 'players are gassed.'

Funny how we're the team that's always gassed, and we're the only team with injuries, yet no one else looks gassed against us.
Better athletes run more efficiently. Guys that get gassed on our team appear to be Cooper and Battle who both have a huge minute burden and are not high end athletes with speed.

He logged 10+ minutes in 4 of the last 5 games he just didn't do much with those minutes so you might not have noticed him out there :)
Ok so I looked it up. If you combine average points and rebounds he is below everyone on the team except for Jackson Purcell. I had high hopes for him this year but I must have been the one who was high. And, ya, I don't know who Purcell is either.

The use of Samuels was weird. Was he still sick or hurt last game? I'm glad his minutes were reduced but seemed weird to go all the way down to 5 minutes.

He logged 10+ minutes in 4 of the last 5 games he just didn't do much with those minutes so you might not have noticed him out there :)
I only remember Rebraca just going thru/over him for an offensive putback right when i turned on the game. He got benched and then we started our run to get back in the game. I’ve normally personally noted that we seem to do well catching teams off guard with him at the center of the zone. This just wasn’t one of those games and it showed.

Now Carrington is a key player? :LOL:

Top Bottom