FIU DT Jordan Guerad de-commits and flips to Louisville

Most are used to pro sports mercenaries getting used to college mercenaries may take a little longer.
The problem is that right now it is all the worst parts of pro sports gif the fans and none of the good stuff. The pro athletes get paid a lot but have to live up to their end of contracts. There is relative certainty to a roster in pro sports. It’s worth getting invested in guy because they could be around for awhile.

The college sports today want to be like pro sports but at least the Twins can say “buy a Correa jersey. There is 90% certainty he’ll be around here for awhile. Learn where he is from, what his kids names are. Become invested in him.”

Whereas, I wouldn’t be shocked if Darius came out tomorrow and said yeah I’d said Id be back, but I got a sweetheart deal and I’m not even playing in the bowl game.

I think this particluar decommit likely had something to do with NIL, but Louisville is also a lot closer to Florida and they played in the ACC title game. The recruits on that visit weekend were well aware that Rossi wasn't going to be the DC, so that isn't part of this. I do think jumping to NIL on every decision gets tiresome. We had a terrible 5-7 season and Louisville spent much of the season ranked. They have a coach who just finished his first year and has a lot of momentum and we have a coach who just finished his 7th year and still needs to sell 2019.

This kid and the Bucknell kid were the two transfers I thought were really good adds (outside of Brosmer), but many of the other guys we've had on campus have been pretty underwhelming from both a production and offers standpoint. It's certainly a positive that *knock on wood* we've been able to keep all of our own guys out of the portal, but we also seem to be hosting a lower level of transfer prospect than we have in the past.

A few years ago the media and these boards were packed with supporters of NIL. You don’t hear as many people out there saying how well this worked out.
NIL was and still is a great thing for college athletes.

Whatever the hell this is that is being called NIL in college football and basketball is the all too predictable bastardization of a good thing that has been done at the money obsessed level of college athletics.

Top Bottom