FIU DT Jordan Guerad de-commits and flips to Louisville

Where is Louisville getting all of their money from?

Starting to look like the DC sandbagged the end of the year, thus leaving behind a big mess. On purpose?
Was hoping we didn’t get selected for a bowl game?

Tough to purposefully lose to Wisc though

Papa John’s and Yum Brands are based there and I believe both donate to the school.
I doubt if that has anything to do with it. We have numerous corporate sponsors for Gopher sports. Corporations are not going to be the major, if any, contributors to NIL for the near future, if ever.

I doubt if that has anything to do with it. We have numerous corporate sponsors for Gopher sports. Corporations are not going to be the major, if any, contributors to NIL for the near future, if ever.
Agree that the companies aren’t doing NIL, but their C-suite (for example) could be supporters. I don’t know but it is possible. He asked where the money is coming from and that’s a potential source of money in Louisville.

Agree that the companies aren’t doing NIL, but their C-suite (for example) could be supporters. I don’t know but it is possible. He asked where the money is coming from and that’s a potential source of money in Louisville.
This guy thinks that we’re eating at the soup line of college football compared to our competition LOL.

Like he’s getting some huge bag of cash. Not even that highly rated. I’m betting it’s fallout from DC leaving more than anything.
Agree it may be about DC and unknown. It’s not all about NIL. Everytime we lose someone now people think it’s NIL. Kid just changed his mind. It’s actually a step backwards in conference.

Jack Harlow is a big Louisville fan.....maybe he is kicking in some NIL money for them to buy players :)

the evil side of my brain was thinking about this, along with the Cole Kramer rumors.

What if the starting QB gets hurt mid-season. the backup says "I'm the starter now - I want more NIL!"

whatta mess.

I don’t think transfers actually sign anything, ie the NLI (not NIL). Think that’s only for high school kids?

So they can change their mind up until they actually enroll.

Maybe this whole thing still works and enough people keep watching to make this new model of college sports sustainable.

But if it doesn’t, the sad part will be that it will be destroyed by the very few athletes who actually made money for the schools. For example, the Johnny Manziel example. He was generating a ton of money for the school and it was probably not fair that he wasn’t making money if that. But the other side is there were probably 50 guys on that played a little football or sat on the bench but didn’t really make school much money. But used their scholarship money to go to school get a degree and become a teacher, banker, doctor etc.

If the model falls apart the elite athletes will still make a lot of money in sports. The thousands of athletes that are bit players at big time sports or play non-revenue sports will be the big losers.

A few years ago the media and these boards were packed with supporters of NIL. You don’t hear as many people out there saying how well this worked out.
The players seem to have all the leverage. Time for college sports to be considered minor leaguers and have the pro sports chip in with $$$$.

The players seem to have all the leverage. Time for college sports to be considered minor leaguers and have the pro sports chip in with $$$$.
They have the leverage as long as people keep watching. And maybe they will. That part is what remains to be seen.

They have the leverage as long as people keep watching. And maybe they will. That part is what remains to be seen.
Most are used to pro sports mercenaries getting used to college mercenaries may take a little longer.

Top Bottom