Fitgerald Press Conference

Very complimentary. Let's hope our team doesn't see it or hear about it; at least until after the game.

Very complimentary. Let's hope our team doesn't see it or hear about it; at least until after the game.

I thought the same - Not used to such high praise for our Gophers. Thanks for sharing it, Buck, it was an enjoyable listen.

This is one of the biggest reasons why I picked NW in the 'second fav team poll'. Such a class-act, and honestly...how would you not want to play for him? (Grades permitting)

Has he ever not talked up his next opponent? I like Fitz a lot, but I thought he always said this kind of thing.

I like Coach Fitz too, but he is prone to a tad bit of hyperbole. Witness him calling Brewster's 2010 team "one of the best coached teams in the nation".

Blah Blah Blah Coach Speak Blah Blah Blah.

I would expect nothing less. Still hope our boys punch in the mouth and punish them into submission and when its all done, O'l Country Jer will give him a nice hug and tell him that his team played great, blah blah blah.

Blah Blah Blah Coach Speak Blah Blah Blah.

I would expect nothing less. Still hope our boys punch in the mouth and punish them into submission and when its all done, O'l Country Jer will give him a nice hug and tell him that his team played great, blah blah blah.

And Fitz will tell Coach Kill that our Gophers were the most physical hard hitting team they've played all year.

Coach Fitz speaking fondly of Ol' Ski-U-Mah? Just have one thing to say to that revelation. In the immortal words of Nicolas Cage (played by one Andy Samberg of SNL):

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gXVtiN3XbBU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There were a number of comments that stood out other than complimentary 'coach speak' to me that provided a number of things I thought would be useful to a person watching the game.

Top Bottom