First Trip to TCF

kuhlmanalex

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have been reading on here for sometime but haven't really been much of a poster, so I believe this is my first run at it. Had a chance to go to my first Gopher game since the new stadium (btw, doesn't make me less of a fan, just enjoy watching it from the comfort of my couch.) But these are my thoughts of the stadium:
1. Absolutely stunning! I know most of you have gotten somewhat used to it, but being my first time there I was amazed. We had tickets around the 40 and in row five of the upper deck and I'm not sure I could have picked better seats.
2. Thought concessions were painfully slow...I was standing in line and after maybe 5-10 minutes I realized I hadn't moved...so I missed a chunk of the 2nd quarter, but oh well. Also thought that the concession options were fairly limited, but didn't really venture too far cause I wanted to get back in.
3. Thought the sound was very good and the music was good and it defintitely has the opportunity to be a very nice home field environment, but the only way to get the fans into it is to win.
4. Watched the Mizzou game last night and couldn't help but think that it will be so much fun once we have a good/very good team and our stadium gets to be like that.
5. I thought it was really cool to see JoePa coach...not that it has anything to do with the stadium, but Joe Pa is once in a lifetime coach and it was just cool to be at a game that he was coaching in.
6. Have we ever done one of those white outs, or maroon outs, or gold outs, or whatever color? I know everything works better with a winning team but I always think those are pretty cool; or when Iowa alternated sections gold and black.
7. My hope is that next year I will be able to enjoy the games while watching Patterson coach...(had to get my coaching bit in there)
8. Anyone been to the Gopher Hall of Fame....thoughts? I wanted to go but we took a bus from Moes Bar so we had to get on it right after the game.

Ditto all of the above...watching the mob scene in Madison last week on TV and after the MO game last night, I was hoping we'd see that in our new stadium in the not too distant future. Warmath and Stoll used to knock off the number one team in old Memorial.

Hey everyone, I have been reading on here for sometime but haven't really been much of a poster, so I believe this is my first run at it. Had a chance to go to my first Gopher game since the new stadium (btw, doesn't make me less of a fan, just enjoy watching it from the comfort of my couch.) But these are my thoughts of the stadium:
1. Absolutely stunning! I know most of you have gotten somewhat used to it, but being my first time there I was amazed. We had tickets around the 40 and in row five of the upper deck and I'm not sure I could have picked better seats.
2. Thought concessions were painfully slow...I was standing in line and after maybe 5-10 minutes I realized I hadn't moved...so I missed a chunk of the 2nd quarter, but oh well. Also thought that the concession options were fairly limited, but didn't really venture too far cause I wanted to get back in.
3. Thought the sound was very good and the music was good and it defintitely has the opportunity to be a very nice home field environment, but the only way to get the fans into it is to win.
4. Watched the Mizzou game last night and couldn't help but think that it will be so much fun once we have a good/very good team and our stadium gets to be like that.
5. I thought it was really cool to see JoePa coach...not that it has anything to do with the stadium, but Joe Pa is once in a lifetime coach and it was just cool to be at a game that he was coaching in.
6. Have we ever done one of those white outs, or maroon outs, or gold outs, or whatever color? I know everything works better with a winning team but I always think those are pretty cool; or when Iowa alternated sections gold and black.
7. My hope is that next year I will be able to enjoy the games while watching Patterson coach...(had to get my coaching bit in there)
8. Anyone been to the Gopher Hall of Fame....thoughts? I wanted to go but we took a bus from Moes Bar so we had to get on it right after the game.

Try the Buffalo Chicken Gopher Sticks next time, i think i found them at a stand near section 235. They are ridiculously good, well worth the 10 min wait!

Top Bottom