First Team All-Big Ten Announced - NATE MASON!!

Mason very deserving. Figured guards would be Trimble and Walton Jr. and Mason would get left out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well deserved. He's been fantastic this year.

Personally, I think Mason deserved this honor more than Walton/Bridges. The Gophers finished with a better record than both teams and Mason was our most indispensable player...that should count for something. Further, Nate's stats are actually held down a little bit by the skill sets of the players around him. Walton was certainly the more efficient scorer, but Mason managed to average more assists with less shooting around him. I also think (and this holds true for Pitino in another close vote for COY) that the Gophers schedule should be taken in to account. I assume the Gophers had the toughest schedule in the conference this year with 2 games against Maryland, Wisconsin, and Michigan State and road games only with Purdue and Northwestern. The Gophers got Rutgers/Nebraska once each.

Well deserved. Love watching him play

Awesome that he got the honor. He had some ups and downs but he has been a clear leader for this team all year and is having a great year overall.

Richard said he was the best guard in the Big Ten all season long. Eventually people agreed. What a cool honor!!! This is an extraordinary haul of awards by the team!! Great job Nate!!!!

Easier to be more efficient running a slow paced offense than a high powered running offense.

Great job Nate!

Congrats to Nate, this is awesome.

Next year is almost too good on paper to be true. It starts with having a legit back up, resulting in full optimization Nate. He will be among the most experienced guards in the country on a team that will be media darlings projected by some to win the conference and start year off in AP top 15. Nate Mason will likely be favorite to be Big Ten POTY(I'm assuming making him first ever Gopher to earn back to back first team Big Ten honors). If he's not first team again next year we can probably blame tragedy. Can't wait to see how much Nate's game elevates the play of Dupree, Jelly, Curry, Coffey, Fitzgerald and Harris next season. Murphy and Lynch will both be beasts and likely improve, but they mostly create their own offense andvwon't nearly benefit from Nate as the others.

The honors keep rolling in.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom