first play from scrimmage vs TCU

Maverick

Reaction score
I think it's gonna be a screen pass off a play action fake to Jeff Jones.....

Start out lined up in the "Golden I" with a fast Freshman WR in motion to the outside.

Fake handoff to Lizard Boy with Mitch moving back with perfect protection and a 50 yard deep pass completion in double coverage for a TD followed by a successful two-point conversion.

MN 8 TCU 0 at 14:48 left in the 1st Quarter.

Gophers never look back.

Old Sol will go nova before this happens but certainly one can dream 5 days out from gametime...

Really excited for this one!

Let's not overthink this, Rodrick Williams up the middle!

Empty backfield, 3 TE set, QB draw.

Nugget between the tackles, one yard loss.

QB sneak. Gets rid of 1st play jitters.

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me to see Mitch run the ball on the first play either. We just can't have him playing scared/tentative in this game.

A slow developing hand off that goes for a 3 yard loss.

Yeah it wouldn't surprise me to see Mitch run the ball on the first play either. We just can't have him playing scared/tentative in this game.

KoolAid....... Oh Yeah!!!!!!!

Jumbo package, three TEs, Miles Thomas and Lizard Boy...and hit 'em in the mouth.

The only question is if Nugget is running left of center or right of center.

Just kidding. Its going to be quick hitter to Jeff Jones 75 yards for a TD.

If we get a return anywhere past the 35 we just might on a fake screen, pump fake, then deep to a reciever you have no film on.

Sounds like a good play. I do like our chances in any game that keeps going back-and-forth against a non-tempo team .

You guys are right. If Limegrover sticks to form it will be Rodrick up the middle for one or two.

You're joking, right?

The Gophers are going to be sky high. We need to test the OL on their DL the first play. Our D will score more than once against this excellent team. The big uglies have to control the LOS. I like a QB draw for 12 yards to open the game.

Well...if it goes like last years game...fumble snap by QB for 4 yard loss.

Read option, Leidner keeps the ball for an 8 yd gain around the left side. If our tight ends can get a shot on the defensive end, this play will be there all night long. Golly, I can't wait for Thursday!

imgres.jpg

I'm thinking the skinny post to Jones off play action to Williams.

They will run the annexation of puerto rico from "Little Giants"

Top Bottom