Final Field of 68 Projection: Michigan State among last 4 in, but far from a sure thing

Did izzo deserve a 9 seed?

If one believes that NET ranking is all that matters, then "yes." Their NET ranking is 24. 24 = 4 x 6 so I guess one could say that they were seeded below expectation given their ranking. That should tell us that the committee doesn't think NET is all that matters although it likely carries more weight than anything else.

This is not the first time they've been selected for the tournament with a middling record.

2020-21: 15-12

2016-17: 20-14

2010-11: 19-14

Apparently, Mich St is one of those teams that makes the tournament whether they have a great record, good record, or so-so record. They were 1-3 in those three tournaments listed above.

Thank you Holy Man. Noted. 😉

It was good to see you again at Target Center.
Virginia has three minutes to go, but I think I was right about them. 20 point loss in a play in game doesn’t scream deserved a bid.

Blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while.

Virginia has three minutes to go, but I think I was right about them. 20 point loss in a play in game doesn’t scream deserved a bid.

Blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while.
I didn't like Niko zipping up his sweatshirt collar all the way to his chin. Not going to get a P6 gig with that look.

Georgetown made it a few years back winning their conference tourney. That little run essentially gave Patrick Ewing 3 more years.

Remember seeing Georgia as a 14 seed as well

Top Bottom