Final 4

IrishGoph55

Reaction score
I am born and raised in Los Angeles, pops is born and raised in Minnesota (came to Cali when he was 21).
He raised me as a lil Gopher and Viking.
I am more of a Gopher football fan but always follow the basketball team as well.
My very first memory of the Gophs was beating UCLA and making the Final 4 when I was 7 years old.
(I was a new born when we went to the Elite 8).

Was there a huge buzz in Minnesota for that Final 4 team? How did it compare to the buzz this years football team is creating?

I just hope this year's football team isn't cheating!

I am born and raised in Los Angeles, pops is born and raised in Minnesota (came to Cali when he was 21).
He raised me as a lil Gopher and Viking.
I am more of a Gopher football fan but always follow the basketball team as well.
My very first memory of the Gophs was beating UCLA and making the Final 4 when I was 7 years old.
(I was a new born when we went to the Elite 8).

Was there a huge buzz in Minnesota for that Final 4 team? How did it compare to the buzz this years football team is creating?
Yes, there was a huge buzz. The celebration they had at the Barn when they got back from making it to the Final Four was awesome. It's hard to compare, but I would say the field storming after PSU was close to that.

I'm amazed a certain poster hasn't arrived in this thread to demand it be shut down.

I don't care what the corrupt NCAA has to say, that season happened, and it was glorious. Bobby J was magical that season. I still remember being on a family vacation and searching the radio for Gopher basketball scores, and hunting for USA Todays that may have a tidbit of analysis. It was a fantastic year.

Yes, there was a huge buzz. The celebration they had at the Barn when they got back from making it to the Final Four was awesome. It's hard to compare, but I would say the field storming after PSU was close to that.

Watching the game and then trekking to the barn was unbelievable. Truly special. Electric.

Never will forget it.

Still have my Ray Christiansen Final Four VHS video. One of the great moments of the past 50 years.

Was a wonderful time. Went to every game home and away . Always have a great time at the final 4. Know it happened, spent it with dear friends and family. Clem and company then tarnished it by cheating. Have always despised cheating. Had a college golf tourney my second year and a player i was matched against beat me by one stroke blatantly cheated. I called him on it and the rules committee DQ'd him. Have never understood how cheaters think they are winning. What the football team has done is unmatched in modern Gopher athletics for the atmosphere at the PSU game and to do it clean brings great joy.

"Buzz" doesn't describe it. I've never seen anything like it, and I was alive for all the Vikings' Super Bowls. On the same level with the Twins' World Series runs. Just a magic carpet ride.

Top Bottom