Field of 68 Projection (one week shy of Selection Sunday)

Ok so take Clemson for example then.

Lots of brackets have them in right now, but if they lose their first conference tournament game...maybe not. Can't say for certain if I would still have them in if that happens because I don't know the other results yet. With 353 teams nothing happens in a vacuum. Every result can have an effect on another team's chances.

Put together your own bracket, and try to tell me there won't be qualifiers for some teams. Like, Team X is in the field right now, but if they lose this game they are probably out. There are multiple teams where that is the case.

Clemson is a far different example as they don't need to win their tournament to get in. You have Toledo as an at-large that only gets in if they win their conference tournament? Or do you have them in as conference champs and buffalo already in?

Clemson is a far different example as they don't need to win their tournament to get in. You have Toledo as an at-large that only gets in if they win their conference tournament? Or do you have them in as conference champs and buffalo already in?

I don't have a dog in this fight so to speak, but I totally understand bizzles logic about Toledo.

Buffalo is in regardless. They're a lock.

I never said that the absolute only way for Toledo to get in would be winning their conference tournament. Just that, as things stand right now, I have them as an at-large. If Toledo gets to the conference championship game and loses...probably out, but again, I don't know what else will happen.

And I realize that many don't have them in as an at-large. I'm just telling you what I'm seeing as of right now. If you or other people want to do their own brackets and predict the committee will do different things that's fine.

The thing I think you are missing is that this as all done as if the season ended today. I'm certain that my bracket as well as the selection committee's bracket would look drastically different on March 11 than it will on March 17. It's a process.

I think its odd you have them in unless they win their tourney, where they'd earn an outbid.

Example:
I have Penn State in right.

If they lose again, they would move down on my board and no longer be in the field of 68.

Their only remaining games are in the Big Ten Tournament.

So, really, their only way in is to win that tournament.

Think this makes any sense? Neither do I.

Lol his point made perfect sense to me... while yours...well lol....toledo isnt gonna have any more high value games (therefore, there is pretty much no room for them to grow) penn st or any other high major conference on the other hand is more than likely gonna have plenty of chances for high value games, so if they were to win a few of those games, then lose in say the championship game they would catapult a few teams. Now with that being said.... if all the teams like penn st get their butts kicked in their respective tournaments right away then they prolly arent gonna catch up....unlikely to happen (which is why he said they are probably out) but it theoretically could happen where no teams make any movement based on results...and if somehow it unfolded that way.....TOLEDO

Old rpi had less variables so it was easier to rule out teams, with the net, technically anything could happen to a degree and they wont realease their formula so it is impossible to run predictive analysis

Top Bottom