Field of 68 Projection: Kentucky Sweep of Tennessee Has Wildcats Back in the Field

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Only 8 days until Championship Week starts with the ASUN 1st round, and just 21 until Selection Sunday, . …

An * denotes the automatic qualifier (conference leader and/or best NET ranking) in a multiple-bid conference. Current NET ranking is noted in parentheses.

FIELD OF 68 PROJECTION (through games played February 18)
America East (1): Vermont (124)

American (2): *Houston (1), Memphis (41)

ACC (5): *Virginia (16), Duke (25), Miami (31), NC State (39), Pitt (51)

ASUN (1): Liberty (47)

Atlantic 10 (1): VCU (82)

Big East (5): UConn (8), Creighton (13), *Marquette (14), Xavier (26), Providence (38)

Big Sky (1): Eastern Washington (115)

Big South (1): UNC-Asheville (147)

Big Ten (9): *Purdue (5), Indiana (18), Maryland (21), Illinois (27), Rutgers (28), Iowa (36), Michigan State (40), Northwestern (43), Wisconsin (76)

Big XII (8): *Kansas (6), Texas (9), Baylor (12), Iowa State (15), Kansas State (20), TCU (22), West Virginia (32), Oklahoma State (37)

Big West (1): UC-Irvine (86)

Colonial (1): Hofstra (91)

Conference USA (1): FAU (24)

Horizon (1): Youngstown State (104)

Ivy (1): Yale (68)

MAAC (1): Iona (71)

MAC (1): Kent State (55)

MEAC (1): Howard (228)

Missouri Valley (1): Bradley (66)

Mountain West (3): *San Diego State (17), Boise State (23), Nevada (34)

NEC (1): Fairleigh Dickinson (302)

OVC (1): Morehead State (232)

Pac 12 (3): *UCLA (4), Arizona (11), USC (57)

Patriot (1): Colgate (100)

SEC (8): *Alabama (2), Tennessee (3), Arkansas (19), Texas A&M (29), Auburn (30), Kentucky (33), Mississippi State (42), Missouri (50)

SoCon (1): Samford (127)

Southland (1): Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (179)

SWAC (1): Alcorn State (240)

Summit (1): Oral Roberts (45)

Sun Belt (1): Southern Miss (79)

WCC (2): *Saint Mary’s (7), Gonzaga (10)

WAC (1): Utah Valley (73)

First 4 Out: (first team out) Oregon (49), New Mexico (48), North Carolina (44), Utah State (35)

8 to Watch: North Texas (46), College of Charleston (52), Texas Tech (54), Penn State (60), Michigan (65), Seton Hall (69), Arizona State (70), Vanderbilt (89)

Non-Power 6 At-Large Bids (4): Gonzaga (10), Boise State (23), Nevada (34), Memphis (41)

First 4 Automatic Qualifiers: Howard (228), Morehead State (232), Alcorn State (240), Fairleigh Dickinson (302)

Out With the Old (7): College of Charleston, Furman, New Mexico, North Carolina, Northwestern State, Oregon, UCSB

NEXT PROJECTION: Sunday, February 26

Last edited:

What will it take for Wisconsin to get in the last four out or worse? Another home loss to a struggling Rutgers team over the weekend would put them on my chopping block.

What will it take for Wisconsin to get in the last four out or worse? Another home loss to a struggling Rutgers team over the weekend would put them on my chopping block.
Their resume still looks better than most of the true bubble teams.

THANK YOU for rolling this out. It's pretty cool on your part to take the time!!!!

I don't see the Big 10 getting more teams in than the Big 12.

Thoughts?

THANK YOU for rolling this out. It's pretty cool on your part to take the time!!!!

I don't see the Big 10 getting more teams in than the Big 12.

Thoughts?
Thank you, I appreciate it.

I think the most likely scenario is they both end up with 8. Things would have to go almost perfectly for the Big XII to get 9. Texas Tech would have to stay hot, and both West Virginia and Oklahoma State would have to finish strong, as well, especially WV.

Right now, Big Ten has a solid 8 (though at least 1 team is hovering just above the bubble), with Wisconsin in a decent position as a possible 9th.

I guess what I'm saying is, much better odds Big Ten gets to 9 than Big XII, but still, Big XII getting 80% of its teams into the field would be an unprecedented percentage.

Thank you, I appreciate it.

I think the most likely scenario is they both end up with 8. Things would have to go almost perfectly for the Big XII to get 9. Texas Tech would have to stay hot, and both West Virginia and Oklahoma State would have to finish strong, as well, especially WV.

Right now, Big Ten has a solid 8 (though at least 1 team is hovering just above the bubble), with Wisconsin in a decent position as a possible 9th.

I guess what I'm saying is, much better odds Big Ten gets to 9 than Big XII, but still, Big XII getting 80% of its teams into the field would be an unprecedented percentage.
Thanks!!! IMO right now OU is the only team that is probably out. However, like you mention WV & OSU have to continue to play well and win some games.

Top Bottom