Field of 68 Projection (Feb. 23)

Don't tell me to go away, loser. It's possible to like more than one Big Ten team. I grew up in another region, graduated from Iowa, went to graduate school in IL, worked in the East, and have lived here for most of this century and I enjoy our lone D1 team as much as any of you. Maybe you've just led too limited of a life to understand.

This is SS's thread about prospects for the NCAA field, just as he says. SS puts tons of work into this and does a fantastic job which everyone around here appreciates.

If he tells you to go away, then go away and post your Iowa and NIT BS somewhere else.

Of course. Thank you. And I think I didn't get quite the drift of the point you were really trying to make originally (don't open this can of worms on this thread) because of the way it was posed.

See, I said SS is no loser.

As he said, peace. I still like the "most of this century" bit. :)

I don't think the Gophers should go to the NCAA tournament even if they beat IA and PSU and win their first game in the Big 10 tourney against the 10th conference seed. There are more deserving teams and I don't think going to the tournament is in their best interests. They got lucky getting selected last year and meeting a team with significant injuries and turmoil in the first round, but the second round matchup showed they couldn't compete there for very long. This team is an even poorer bet than last year's so I hope they go to the NIT instead where they might have a chance of winning a couple of games.

Nebraska has a good chance of finishing 10-8 in the conference and they feature one of the best (if not the best) pure scorer in the conference. The Huskers should go and leave Minnesota and Indiana to the NIT.

If the gopher beat Iowa and PSU and win a B10 tourney game they do deserve a shot as they have such a strong SOS. The team last year certainly deserved to go and they beat UCLA. That was hell of a lot better than winning four games in the NIT. I have to think 90% of the fans here would go along with the fact that an NCAA bid is always better than an NIT bid. Perhaps you don't really understand the selection process. This team has not played well lately but they still have a shot. Beating the 19th ranked team when you are at home isn't even remotely out of the question.

Top Bottom