Feeding the Post??

march madness

Reaction score
Is it just me or do we have an entire roster of guards who do not know how to use a bounce pass to feed a post player, Hoffarber excluded. Westbrook is absolutely horrible at it. Joseph I'll have to watch some more. I seriously think Sampson and Iverson are out 2nd and 3rd best at feeding the post!

Tubby keeps talking about feeding the post! It really is getting tiring. Last year I think he benched Nolen and Westbrook for not feeding the post. I have yet to see it this year. Nearly all big ten teams are missing a true center and because or our guards(not Hoffarber) teams don't need to worry about ours?

We have no dominating post players, but guess what figure out our 3 pt percantage on passes from the post back out to the three. If teams double team or post players or even colapse a little on them the pass was worth it!

Is it just me or do we have an entire roster of guards who do not know how to use a bounce pass to feed a post player, Hoffarber excluded. Westbrook is absolutely horrible at it. Joseph I'll have to watch some more. I seriously think Sampson and Iverson are out 2nd and 3rd best at feeding the post!

Tubby keeps talking about feeding the post! It really is getting tiring. Last year I think he benched Nolen and Westbrook for not feeding the post. I have yet to see it this year. Nearly all big ten teams are missing a true center and because or our guards(not Hoffarber) teams don't need to worry about ours?

We have no dominating post players, but guess what figure out our 3 pt percantage on passes from the post back out to the three. If teams double team or post players or even colapse a little on them the pass was worth it!

This is one reason I think our offense will actually be better without Al (noting that our defense will not be better without Al). Al simply refused to feed the big fellas. He just would not do it. Devoe is only okay, but there's potential there to get better. Blake does well when the opportunity is there.

I agree with your comments on not feeding the post. I would add that when they do feed the post it very seldom comes back out. Ralph and Colt are both improving but this is something they still have to work on.

During the Northwestern game, when the gophers went into that horrible lob pass routine, I commented to the guy who sits next to me that it seemed like forever since Sampson had touched the ball.

Fantastic post. I thought about the same thing during the last game. NU was confident that our guards were not going to pass the ball inside so they had their shortest player guarding Ralph at some points. I even noticed how frustrated DJ was at one point when he was not getting the ball. I think that we could have used Sampson and Iverson at the same time during the last game and push the ball inside more often.

I'd even like to see some high-low plays and passing ball fakes (fake the lob throw the bounce) to get the other bigs moving around to open up some one on one opportunities for RSIII

I completely agree. We HAVE to get the ball inside more. But, this seems like a problem with many teams, in that they struggle to effectively pass the ball inside.

Sadly enough, the Badgers are actually one of the better teams I've seen at getting the ball into the post.

Top Bottom