Favorite U of M Fight Song - Non-Rouser Division

What is your favorite non-Rouser fight song at the U?

• Minnesota March

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Minnesota Fight

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Go Gopher Victory

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Our Minnesota

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

Ski U Mah Gopher

Member of the Tribe
Reaction score
Other than the Rouser, there are 4 additional official fight songs at the U.

Which one is your favorite?

While I voted for Minnesota March, the band marching down the field before the anthem to Our Minnesota is pretty cool.

Hail Minnesota in the remodeled Northrup lobby. Better acoustics, but I miss the visual grandeur. Instrumental version of hail Minnesota is pretty cool, too.

Instrumental version of hail Minnesota. I'll stop now.

Hail Minnesota in the remodeled Northrup lobby. Better acoustics, but I miss the visual grandeur. Instrumental version of hail Minnesota is pretty cool, too.

Hey, I'm in this video! Haha.

I voted MN March. Hard to beat having a school song written by John Philip Sousa. If I had to rank them all I'd probably do:

1. Rouser
2. MN March
3. Our Minnesota
4. MN Fight
5. Go Gopher Victory

Hail MN not included, as it is not a fight song, but it stands on it's own and I will always stop and sing along whenever it's played.

Minnesota March hands down:

It's hard to beat a Sousa song.

It's not quite as noticeable in most recordings, but in person the drums kicking in after the singing is great.

Video from a while ago:

This is it. The March is 10 X better than the Rouser IMO. I wish it was the main song. The part played at 1:18 (below) after a big play or score would be just as iconic as Michigan, Notre Dame, USC's stuff.

Last edited:

This is it. The March is 10 X better than the Rouser IMO. I wish it was the main song. The part played at 1:18 (below) after a big play or score would be just as iconic as Michigan, Notre Dame, USC's stuff.

neeeed it, inject into veins after a td please

neeeed it, inject into veins after a td please
In that vein, I always though that the last line of Minnesota Fight would be a good big non-scoring play cheer.

"So fight, Minnesota, fight! Minnesota! Come on, let's go!"

Top Bottom