Favorite Moment's of the Year So Far

BarnBoy

Reaction score
Getting a little ahead of myself, but I think it's fair to say that this will be a fun year for Gopher Basketball. For those of you that can, think back to the last really special season that didn't happen. I bet you have some "moments that you can remember". Bobby Jackson almost single-handedly taking down Clemson in 3OT. Sam driving the lane for specific, thundering dunk. Maybe it was a different year for you. Maybe it was Miles Tarver. For me thus far, the moments that stick out.. those "tell your kid" moments:

My contenders:
  • The Au.Hollins/Mbakwe fast break against MSU where the ball never hit the floor
  • High-flying Rodney
  • Halvorsen "raising the roof" against Northwestern and looking like a giddy 3-year-old
  • Austin's 453 three-pointers in a row against NU
  • Tubby's moustache
  • Dre's half-court heave against Illinois
  • Gophers ability to bounce-back against 2nd half runs which feels so non-Gopher-like
  • Watching the Stanford game on my phone and trying to figure out what the heck happened at the end (fouled on a half-court shot).. three free throws

I had a hot college girl call me cute. That pretty much tops my list.

After the Michigan State game, watching my 12-year-old nephew beam with happiness as he slapped hands with every Gopher player as they left the raised floor for the locker room.

Mine is on the cusp of happening...beating #2 Michigan and watching the game with my Michigan-alum fiancee. I won't gloat aloud too much but inside I'll be doing a touchdown dance.

Top Bottom