Favor to ask the fans in Minnesota, in your state, that still follow Highschool

THANK YOU GOPHER FANS FOR THE SCHOOLS THAT RUN THE OPTION!!

KEEP THEM COMMING IF YOU FIND ANYMORE AND IF THIS THREAD ROLLS AWAY YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT [email protected] or join the GSUFANS board and PM me.

I am currently trying to put together the schools addresses, HC Bio and QB Bio to send to the recruiting coordinater and OC. at GSU.

Thanks Again
Cleve Meinke
SSI,GA.

TALON

My school ran the wishbone when I played. I remember every guy on the team with a good GPA would get the rubber stamped letter from the Air Force Academy. My only D1 letter.

Some really run heavy teams Elk River, Spring Lake Park, Shakopee, Lakeville South, St. Croix Lutheran, East Ridge and Eden Prairie. Not all are triple option.

Thanks for the work in finding these Minnisota HS Gopher Fans and Maxy.

I have gone to some of these schools sites and the 3 I went to still do not ave their QB stats, bio for 2019, I'll keep checking back with these high school sites.

Thanks Again
Cleve Meinke
SSI, Ga.

[email protected]

KEEP THEM COMMING IF YOU FIND ANYMORE AND IF THIS THREAD ROLLS AWAY YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT [email protected] or join the GSUFANS board and PM me.

I am currently trying to put together the schools addresses, HC Bio and QB Bio to send to the recruiting coordinater and OC. at GSU.

Thanks Again
Cleve Meinke
SSI,GA.

TALON

I have gone to some of these schools sites and the 3 I went to still do not ave their QB stats, bio for 2019, I'll keep checking back with these high school sites.

Thanks Again
Cleve Meinke
SSI, Ga.

[email protected]
This is not the south. It is nearly impossible to find and HS stats unless they are on the leaders list which the Startribune publishes. https://www.mnfootballhub.com/leaders

This is not the south. It is nearly impossible to find and HS stats unless they are on the leaders list which the Startribune publishes. https://www.mnfootballhub.com/leaders
Thanks again to Maxy and all the other Gopher fans that responded.

I have contacked all the HCs from the schools you gave me. If you think of any more please remember that you have my Email address.

[email protected]

Talon, a lot of high schools up here (the region) play 9-man or less football because of small school size. These schools sometimes have a great, but relatively unknown, athlete or two, usually the QB. This link—hope it works—is to a coach who installs the triple option (w/o 2 WRs) in such smaller high schools. He might have a list of HS that run the triple option. Maybe you already know of him. Area code of phone number looks to be Scranton, PA area.

Thanks Again
Cleve Meinke
SSI,GA.

TALON

Thanks Again
Cleve Meinke
SSI, Ga.

[email protected]

TALON -

You are awesome! Love the dedication! You’re the type of character that enhances this place!

Talon, a lot of high schools up here (the region) play 9-man or less football because of small school size. These schools sometimes have a great, but relatively unknown, athlete or two, usually the QB. This link—hope it works—is to a coach who installs the triple option (w/o 2 WRs) in such smaller high schools. He might have a list of HS that run the triple option. Maybe you already know of him. Area code of phone number looks to be Scranton, PA area.

SENT

TALON -

You are awesome! Love the dedication! You’re the type of character that enhances this place!

Well if we play each other again I will be their!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :drink: :cool: :drink::cool:

TALON -

I'm more self centered, I cant stand the direction the best FCS program and our first 2 winning years in FBS has taken us. I'd prefer to run the Flex option but if we have to run the the Shotgun option for the next 2 years I want to run it right. I and other GSU fans are not use to loosing like we have for the past 4 years!!!!:(

You must not have much trust in your coaches to recruit good players if you’re trying to do their work for them.

You must not have much trust in your coaches to recruit good players if you’re trying to do their work for them.

Most of our recrutes come from GEORGIA, Southe Carolina and Florida. With all the triple option teams around the country I'm doing my part at looking at the north weestern & eastern teams even if they play 9 man football. So many players are overlooked. I am positive a lot of 9 man option players are never looked at.

Last edited:

Most of our recrutes come from GEORGIA, Southe Carolina and Florida. With all the triple option teams around the country I'm doing my part at looking at the north weestern & eastern teams even if they play 9 man football. So many players are overlooked. I am positive a lot of 9 man option players are never looked at.

Those Minnesota 9 man players might not be looked at by GSU, but can promise you they’re looked at by the Gophers. As far as I can tell we have 63 9-man teams. They brought in a visitor over the weekend who plays OL on a 9-man team from a town I had never heard of. Something called Edgerton. He’s probably a PWO at best, but my point is, no stone is left unturned. If there was an athlete on a MN 9-man team good enough to play QB for your squad, we’d know about him...or at the very least, our coaching staff would know about him.

Those Minnesota 9 man players might not be looked at by GSU, but can promise you they’re looked at by the Gophers. As far as I can tell we have 63 9-man teams. They brought in a visitor over the weekend who plays OL on a 9-man team from a town I had never heard of. Something called Edgerton. He’s probably a PWO at best, but my point is, no stone is left unturned. If there was an athlete on a MN 9-man team good enough to play QB for your squad, we’d know about him...or at the very least, our coaching staff would know about him.

I agree with you that the Gophers would know about the kid--if he played 9 man in Minnesota. But QBs on 9 man teams often don't have the passing background and development (because the two players dropped are often WRs). A lot of 9 man teams put the best athlete at QB, another one at RB, and run, run, run. If the Gophers find a great athlete they want playing at QB in 9 man, likely he would be recruited to the U as an "athlete," and ultimately slotted to play at a different position. Maybe one of these guys would like the chance to stay at QB in college in a run first, run mostly system. Who knows? There are lot of 9 man teams in MN, and in the Dakotas. I suspect the recruiting services kind of gloss over northern state 9 man teams. (Just a guess; no real evidence or study.) Might be some hidden gems out there for an option team.

Crazy thought: Given two speedy, shifty running backs to complement him, I think Leidner might have run wild in a well-designed triple option offense.

I agree with you that the Gophers would know about the kid--if he played 9 man in Minnesota. But QBs on 9 man teams often don't have the passing background and development (because the two players dropped are often WRs). A lot of 9 man teams put the best athlete at QB, another one at RB, and run, run, run. If the Gophers find a great athlete they want playing at QB in 9 man, likely he would be recruited to the U as an "athlete," and ultimately slotted to play at a different position. Maybe one of these guys would like the chance to stay at QB in college in a run first, run mostly system. Who knows? There are lot of 9 man teams in MN, and in the Dakotas. I suspect the recruiting services kind of gloss over northern state 9 man teams. (Just a guess; no real evidence or study.) Might be some hidden gems out there for an option team.

Crazy thought: Given two speedy, shifty running backs to complement him, I think Leidner might have run wild in a well-designed triple option offense.

Sure, the Gophers would almost certainly want the 9-man QB to switch positions, but to play D1 QB, especially in a triple option system, they need to be an exceptional athlete, that everyone would likely know about. Actually, after watching GSU games this season, I think they desperately need someone who’s more of a passing threat than what they have. The backup who played against us was a state champion sprinter, I think.

THats what I want to change by looking out for players that are not on the watch list for regular recruiting. No I am not a recruiter for GSU bur I've rarly seen a recruit from the North sign weather it be an 8-9 or 11 man team.

Last edited:

Sure, the Gophers would almost certainly want the 9-man QB to switch positions, but to play D1 QB, especially in a triple option system, they need to be an exceptional athlete, that everyone would likely know about. Actually, after watching GSU games this season, I think they desperately need someone who’s more of a passing threat than what they have. The backup who played against us was a state champion sprinter, I think.

True - they need to be a half back that is compitant in passin 10-15 times a game!

We only need a Qb that can complete 55% of his passes for 120-15o yards.

Last edited:

Grandpa,
I beleive you when you say may of those atletes from 9 man teams are overlooked and dont get the press they deserve. A great QB, lineman, recever or back is an atletete but just overlooked.

This is why I really like this board and its posters. Unlike other P5 teams you are willing to help me even though we played each other and won. I know of no othr P5 team that would do this for me. Especially SEC teams! THe Gopher posters are unlike any other P5 program's board that I have visied!!!

Go, Go, Gopheres!

TALON

Last edited:

I'll let this tread die out so as not to interfear with your regular threads unless a Gopher fan posts to me.

If you have any other thoughts on Option recruiting in your state you can always Email me at

[email protected].

Thanks for everything

Cleve Meinke
SAint Simons Is. GA

TALON

Last edited:

This is why I really like this board and its posters. Unlike other P5 teams you are willing to help me even though we played each other and won. I know of no othr P5 team that would do this for me. Especially SEC teams! THe Gopher posters are unlike any other P5 program's board that I have visied!!!

Go, Go, Gopheres!

TALON
Minnesota Nice......it's real:)

If they are great TO QB’s and Minnesota doesn’t want them at another position, they are probably too slow for GS. But by all means please recruit any player offered by NDSU but not the Gophers. Their fans are insufferable.

You're a basketball fan and you've never heard of Edgerton? If I could find a skeptical emoji I would use it.

You're a basketball fan and you've never heard of Edgerton? If I could find a skeptical emoji I would use it.

I’m not much of a basketball fan, honestly, but I was reminded of the 1960 Edgerton team. I had heard about it, but it was way before my time.

if there was a way to change my screen name, I’d do it.

I’m not much of a basketball fan, honestly, but I was reminded of the 1960 Edgerton team. I had heard about it, but it was way before my time.

if there was a way to change my screen name, I’d do it.

I bet a moderator could help you make that change. I did it once on another message board, but that must have been 10+ years ago.

I posted all the high schools that thee Gopher fans sent me today to the offensive coaches at GSU including the one below.
One coach wrote me back, so far, and told me to tell you great thanks!

I gave the Gopher fans on this board the credit for the research!

Colerain OH
St. Thomas Aquinas KS

East High School UT
Marist GA
Prairie Ridge IL

Belfry KY
Massaponax VA
Wall TX

Hahnville LA
Reedsburg, WI
Cary-Grove IL

Mishawaka IN
River Dell NJ
Highland UT

St. Pius X Catholic High School GA
Warsaw IN
Midlothian TX

Legacy Christian Frisco TX
Commerce GA
Discovery Canyon CO

Boonton NJ
Wagner TX
Ava MO

Heritage Hills IN
Olmsted Falls OH
Union City TN

Yukon OK
Waskom TX
Highland UT

Middlesex NJ
Sonora CA
Somerset WI
Altus OK

Hutchinson, KS
Lancaster, WI

Wynne, AR
Wichita Heights KS
Falmouth MA

Schuylerville NY
Maine-Endwell NY
Byrd LA

South Point NC
Rice Lake WI
Key West FL

Last edited:

If they are great TO QB’s and Minnesota doesn’t want them at another position, they are probably too slow for GS. But by all means please recruit any player offered by NDSU but not the Gophers. Their fans are insufferable.

You mean IF Minnesota wants them as a running back. If they are a very good Option QB some would rather be an option QB than a running back. GSU had a lot of high school option QBs that were offered running back positions at FBS schools but decided to sign with GSU foe the QB position

Last edited:

Talon,

It just dawned on me that Chisago Lakes HS has run the triple option for years. I'm assuming they still are, but I don't know for sure. They are typically average to an above average 5A (2nd biggest) program. I don't ever see them play though.

Top Bottom