FAU finished #27 in both polls

swingman

Reaction score
FWIW...Kiffin brought in some talent, Taggert bringing in some more. The QB Robison got kicked out of Oklahoma, has had issues at FAU. Would prefer Tn Tech for opening night, FAU week two.

FWIW...Kiffin brought in some talent, Taggert bringing in some more. The QB Robison got kicked out of Oklahoma, has had issues at FAU.

FAU finished #27? Uh, oh...

Attention, all chihuahuas: Commence trembling!

Last edited:

looks like they are losing there top 5 pass catchers from last year. But QB and RB's are all back.

defense looks like they have to replace a lot of reps along their Dline and there starting LB & Safety

certainly wont be a push over game

To get to the place Fleck wants to take this program, the Gophers have to play — and beat — good teams.

Wisconsin is playing Appalachian State and Notre Dame in the non-conference part of their schedule.

Iowa plays Iowa State every year, and ISU is usually pretty competitive.

Nebraska is playing Cincinnati.

I've never much liked the idea of scheduling all cupcakes in the non-con. I'm excited to see FAU and BYU.

FAU should take a big step back next year. They lose a lot on offense and the defense was not good last year and they lose a lot too. We should not fear FAU. They beat a bunch of nobodies and SMU. If we play decent football this game should not be close. BYU should be the bigger challenge.

FAU is to 2020 what Fresno and SDSU were to 2019

I'm ok with playing non-conf teams with a pulse as opposed to complete pushovers. FAU may give us a battle but if we are the team we hope to be then it is a game we should and probably will win.

I honestly think that some of the early season tests we faced helped propel the team forward later in the year. Instilled a lot of confidence in the players that even if things go sideways they can recover and still win.

FAU should take a big step back next year. They lose a lot on offense and the defense was not good last year and they lose a lot too. We should not fear FAU. They beat a bunch of nobodies and SMU. If we play decent football this game should not be close. BYU should be the bigger challenge.

They crushed SMU. Total annihilation.

This is another one of those situations where I think they are going to be a very tough opponent for Minnesota and I'm going to be told that "If we can't beat FAU then we can't compete in the B1G."

They are a good football team, and a Fresno State-like game might be in the cards.

Well, we open 2021 with tOSU at TCF so might as well get used to big Ws out of the gate.:clap:

Well, we open 2021 with tOSU at TCF so might as well get used to big Ws out of the gate.:clap:
The Cowboys aren't that tough, plus they come from the BIG 12.

What's with that "t" in front of OSU?

Alumni and supporters of Ohio State refer to themselves as "The Ohio State University" pretty much universally.

The rest of the football world has granted their wish with the addition of a lower-case t in front of their initials. Not really offered as a compliment. Pretty sure none of Buckeye nation does this themselves.

They crushed SMU. Total annihilation.

So? They played the bowl game in their home stadium. They’ve never shown they are a consistent program. These types of teams fluctuate greatly, they won 11 games 3 years ago then back to five then 11 last year. Factor in how they lose a ton of production on offense and some of their best players off a bad defense AND have a coaching change. I don’t see that program just chugging along without missing beat.

So? They played the bowl game in their home stadium. They’ve never shown they are a consistent program. These types of teams fluctuate greatly, they won 11 games 3 years ago then back to five then 11 last year. Factor in how they lose a ton of production on offense and some of their best players off a bad defense AND have a coaching change. I don’t see that program just chugging along without missing beat.

The other key with teams like this is that even when they have those big seasons like last year, typically they are built on beating the teams in their conference and losing to good teams in the non-conf portion of things.

Last year they went 11-3, very impressive record, but they were also blown out by Ohio State and UCF. In 2017 they also went 11-3, that year they were blown out by Navy and Wisconsin. So while I have no doubt they will be solid and put up a good fight, this is the kind of team we should and typically do beat.

My main hope is that in 2020 we come out firing early and don't let these games turn into adventures the way they did in 2019.

"My main hope is that in 2020 we come out firing early and don't let these games turn into adventures the way they did in 2019."

Well, despite all the early hand-wringing (and I confess that I was one of the hand-wringers) over our "too close" and "unimpressive" wins against SDSU, Fresno State and Georgia Southern... the Gophers season still turned out okay, yes?

What we learned: You can get away with close shaves in your non conference games. They don't derail your season.

The other side of the coin: In 2019 Minnesota went 2-2 against ranked teams. Not bad at all, but we can do better. The key to taking the next step forward in 2020 will be beating Iowa, Wisconsin and Michigan.

This hasn't been the trend with Fleck, but this past year we started very slowly. This is a trend with some teams, like NW for example. Could mean the preseason regimen is not where it needs to be. Hopefully it was just a blip for the gophs.

This hasn't been the trend with Fleck, but this past year we started very slowly. This is a trend with some teams, like NW for example. Could mean the preseason regimen is not where it needs to be. Hopefully it was just a blip for the gophs.

Some of it may have been trying to hide some things for conference play but it just felt like it took the offense a little while to find its footing last year. Once it did they really took off and started blowing people out.

Going into this year I expect the offense to hit the ground running much quicker. Fleck knows that style points do matter as far as rankings are concerned, so with a team likely to start ranked around #15 I would think they would want to get off to a good start and leave no doubt that the ranking is justified.

Confidence goes a long way. This team has swagger now. Not over confidence. Swagger. Go gettum’

The Cowboys aren't that tough, plus they come from the BIG 12.

What's with that "t" in front of OSU?

On the internet the t in tOSU indicates it is "the Ohio State University".

Also makes it clear what team you're talking about with the other OSUs out there.

This has a preseason 2019 Fresno thread feel to it.

Top Bottom