Fargo Forum reporting Chris klieman possible candidate for the Gophers

Wacker was also national coach of the year at TCU. On paper, at the time of hiring, Wacker is the best hire the Gophers have had (although Mason is close). Wacker may have failed but he was a good hire at the time.

Yes he was, and a lot of people forget that. Really, this was the only place he failed. Texas State even named their football field for the guy.

I would take Klieman in a heartbeat, we would have one of the most physical OL's in the Big 10, and for whatever reason NDSU always has a QB. They have had good QB's for 10 years. This staff is great at identifying athlete's who are good football players. This staff also has good inroads in Florida and Texas.

If you hired Klieman and the S&C coach Jim Kramer, you would really have something. Kramer does more for ndsu culture than Klieman himself. If there are better S&C folks in the country at any level, I'd like to see it. He's the mental toughness and discipline leader for ndsu.

Yes he was, and a lot of people forget that. Really, this was the only place he failed. Texas State even named their football field for the guy.

Not really. He won and won big at lower levels, going a combined 103-34-1 between Texas Lutheran, North Dakota State and Southwest Texas State, however the bloom fell off the rose a bit once he moved up in class, as he went 40-58-2 in nine seasons at TCU prior to being hired by Minnesota, as the old Southwest Conference proved to be quite a bit more rugged than the Lone Star Conference or the NCC. So Wacker came here not on any kind of run of success at all, but rather on a string of mediocre to piss-poor results, so in that sense he was kind of highly questionable if not outright damaged goods when we got him. I'm not sure where the narrative came from that he was anything otherwise.

Top Bottom