Farewell Weakling Wednesday, and hello to the Big Ten's "My 3 Turds"

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
With Oregon, UCLA, USC, and Washington joining the Big Ten next season, we bid a sad farewell to "Weakling Wednesday". Sure, technically there still will be Wednesday "1st round" games at the Big Ten Tournament in 2025 (the bottom 6 teams instead of 4), but now our attention will shift to the bottom 3 of the soon-to-be 18-team conference.

Starting next season, the honor of "My 3 Turds" will be bestowed upon the 3 teams failing to qualifiy for the Big Ten Tournament. But before we pass the torch to the turds, let's take a final look at the Weakling Wednesday numbers.

Rest in peace, my bottom-feeding comrades.

Weakling Wednesday Appearances in the Maryland-Rutgers Era (10 seasons)
Nebraska (8)
Minnesota (7)
Penn State (5)
Rutgers (5)
Northwestern (4)
Illinois (3)
Ohio State (3)
Indiana (1)
Iowa (1)
Maryland (1)
Michigan (1)
Wisconsin (1)
Michigan State (0)
Purdue (0)

If the Gophers retain the key parts of their current roster, I like their chances of avoiding "My 3 Turds" in 2024-25.

I saw this on BTN, in all but 2 Big Ten Tournaments played to a conclusion, at least 1 team playing on Weakling Wednesday also made it to Friday.

Nice work as always SS.

With Oregon, UCLA, USC, and Washington joining the Big Ten next season, we bid a sad farewell to "Weakling Wednesday". Sure, technically there still will be Wednesday "1st round" games at the Big Ten Tournament in 2025 (the bottom 6 teams instead of 4), but now our attention will shift to the bottom 3 of the soon-to-be 18-team conference.

Starting next season, the honor of "My 3 Turds" will be bestowed upon the 3 teams failing to qualifiy for the Big Ten Tournament. But before we pass the torch to the turds, let's take a final look at the Weakling Wednesday numbers.

Rest in peace, my bottom-feeding comrades.

Weakling Wednesday Appearances in the Maryland-Rutgers Era (10 seasons)
Nebraska (8)
Minnesota (7)
Penn State (5)
Rutgers (5)
Northwestern (4)
Illinois (3)
Ohio State (3)
Indiana (1)
Iowa (1)
Maryland (1)
Michigan (1)
Wisconsin (1)
Michigan State (0)
Purdue (0)

If the Gophers retain the key parts of their current roster, I like their chances of avoiding "My 3 Turds" in 2024-25.

Well, it took 10 years but we finally got to see Maryland and Michigan appear in WW! To compound the frustration, I hope they both lose.

I think Nebraska and Minnesota should be mentioned in tonight's opening ceremonies as departing comrades who helped build this day (even making an appearance in the year that the NCAA tournament and remaining conference tournament games were cancelled).

Top Bottom