F.A.M.I.L.Y. Day Scheduled for August 7

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the U:

The University of Minnesota football team will host F.A.M.I.L.Y. Day on Saturday, Aug. 7, at Huntington Bank Stadium. The event is sponsored by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota.

The popular event is free to the public and is from 1:30 -3:30 p.m., and it will coincide with Minnesota's open practice at Huntington Bank Stadium. Gates will open at 1:30 p.m. and practice is slated to start at 2 p.m. and last around 90 minutes.

In addition to an open practice, the event will include fun for all family members, as there will be inflatables, yard games, concessions and special ice cream deals ranging from $2 to $3.

Parking is available in nearby lots around the stadium, but fans are encouraged to park in the daily-fee Maroon Lot. Fans will enter Huntington Bank Stadium through Gate E, which is near the southwest corner near the team shop.

Minnesota will also be hosting a school supply drive in conjunction with F.A.M.I.L.Y. Day and fans are encouraged to bring pencils, highlighters, notebooks and folders, which will be donated locally.

Fans are also encouraged to bring a decorated oar to F.A.M.I.L.Y. Day. These customized oars will be added to the inside of Huntington Bank Stadium as they adorn the hallway that the Gophers travel from their locker room to the field on game days. These inspirational oars are the final images the Gophers see before taking the field and serve as a way to connect the community and state with Gopher football.

Collection of school supplies and the oars will be located on the West Plaza, close to where fans enter the stadium through Gate E.

Go Gophers!!

Damn it I'm going to be out of town....

Why didn't they ask me first? /s

I wonder if I can mail in an oar?

This event is a ton of fun for families and fans. I'm glad it is returning.

Warms my heart with how generous people are with donations as well.

Go Gophers

Top Bottom