Excitement is in the air!

hungan1

Reaction score
In all the years that I have been following Gopher Football, I don't recall the level of excitement and anticipation that I feel now before a new season has even started.

IMHO, this new coach has a chance to bring back more than just the Gopher winning tradition and pride.

Coach Kill has a great vision for the direction of Gopher Football. He will persuasively command all the resources and commitment from the University Administration, the business community, high school coaches, as well as the boosters to this end.

It is a win-win situation for the university. I can't imagine all the things that a winning football program can do. It may invigorate alumni interest in the university, increase gifts endowments, etc...

Kudos to the much-maligned Joel Maturi for this great hire.

Go Gophers!

Meh.. I recall the opening of TCF Bank Stadium having a pretty big buzz around the program. Of course, they didn't have the marketing support they do now with KFAN and a head coach that the media loves.

Either way, I'm jacked. My effin' chili is so damn hot I think I just burnt myself.. and I haven't even tasted it yet.

As a 24 year old, for the first time in a LONG time, I can say that friends in my age range are finally interested in the Gopher Football program. If we can convince those recent graduates to hop on and liven up the crowd a bit, this could be the start of a BEAUTIFUL thing.

Top Bottom