Ex-Baylor OL BJ Autry recent visit to Minnesota??

If there was evidence we wouldnt be interested. Correct me if I am wrong but there were whispers about team violations, and now an SEC team has apparently backed off ffom a 4 star that was committed to Florida prior to Baylor.

I'm not too worried about Mississippi State backing away, they are under heavy NCAA scrutiny already and are probably not willing to take on even any hint of trouble.

I don't think MSU backed away so much as they weren't that interested from the get-go. Also, Autry was suspended because he stopped going to team meetings and workouts after he decided to transfer. Why he hasn't committed yet has to do with his release, making sure he can be admitted and getting the full story from Baylor about what happened.

I don't think MSU backed away so much as they weren't that interested from the get-go. Also, Autry was suspended because he stopped going to team meetings and workouts after he decided to transfer. Why he hasn't committed yet has to do with his release, making sure he can be admitted and getting the full story from Baylor about what happened.
How much do I owe you for this information? [emoji12]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Sometimes I really wonder what people expect from GH. If you don't like speculation, what ifs, wild predictions, occasional trolls, banter, some misinformation, sarcasm, etc. then you are in the wrong place. Do you go to McDonalds expecting fine cuisine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes I really wonder what people expect from GH. If you don't like speculation, what ifs, wild predictions, occasional trolls, banter, some misinformation, sarcasm, etc. then you are in the wrong place. Do you go to McDonalds expecting fine cuisine?

I, for one, am perfectly fine with speculation and waiting for the facts to come out. I do have a problem with people making an assumption of wrongdoing and poor character when no evidence of either has been reported.

I, for one, am perfectly fine with speculation and waiting for the facts to come out. I do have a problem with people making an assumption of wrongdoing and poor character when no evidence of either has been reported.

Sure, I'm with you on that - but that is the bad that comes with the good of GH. Fine line between assumptions and speculation. My only point is that many times folks have their expectations on what they should find here set too high. Personally, I wouldn't change a thing about GH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't mind speculation as long as I know that what I'm reading is speculation. As far as GH goes, I take most posts with handfuls of salt.

I love that we're speculating about our level of speculating.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Perhaps... *Looks out the window, stroking beard and intensively pondering*

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

From the article "But when Outside the Lines reached her Thursday, she did not verify his account and instead said that Faulk and the other player "forced me to do things that I didn't want to do against my own consent." She declined to go into any further detail about what happened. " That quote by it's self is enough to urge caution!

Was this ever resolved one way or the other? In the current McCarthyistic climate mere allegations are enough to prove guilt in the eyes of some. Claeys hand would be forced.

Was this ever resolved one way or the other? In the current McCarthyistic climate mere allegations are enough to prove guilt in the eyes of some. Claeys hand would be forced.

Well, that's a matter for law enforcement. If there are no charges, than there is nothing Minnesota can do about it. If we stop admitting students because someone else said something bad about them, we'd get sued by everyone. Obviously no one wants to admit any student athlete that will go on to commit future crimes, but until we have pre-cogs doing LE work, we'll fall short of that goal.

There is a difference between being cautious and paranoid. There was enough information in the Wao newspapers to urge caution. The staff normally does a very good job researching a recruits background, so I'm confident that they will get it right, my initial comments came a couple of days before the cutoff for summer enrollment. As of right now the last application deadline for fall is Aug 1, so there's enough time to do a proper investigation, even if there isn't an application currently pending.

I have not seen much information about this and most of the "smoke" appears to be relatively vague. I just thought I would run down what I have seen and if anyone knows of information I have missed, please let me know.

One of the earliest "articles" was this: http://www.ourdailybears.com/baylor-football-offseason-2016/2016/6/7/11879792/juco-transfers-autry-faulk-dismissed-from-team. Somebody took a tweet that said Faulk and Autry are, "are off the Baylor football team and have withdrawn from school" and morphed that into the headline, "JUCO Transfers Autry, Faulk dismissed from team".

The same day ESPN has this: http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/16030966/junior-college-transfers-bj-autry-jeremy-faulk-leave-baylor-bears. It says that Faulk and Autry have left the team.

The next day we have this http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/baylor/football/autry-faulk-leave-baylor-football-team/article_95613764-188f-50b3-92ac-2f31599c8a23.html from the WacoTrib. Basically, just says Faulk and Autry have left the team.

All the "detail" seems to come from this ESPN article http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/16083428/ex-baylor-football-player-says-get-fair-chance-clear-name-stay-school that, interestingly, does not actually mention Autry by name.

Am I missing something here?

I have not seen much information about this and most of the "smoke" appears to be relatively vague. I just thought I would run down what I have seen and if anyone knows of information I have missed, please let me know.

One of the earliest "articles" was this: http://www.ourdailybears.com/baylor-football-offseason-2016/2016/6/7/11879792/juco-transfers-autry-faulk-dismissed-from-team. Somebody took a tweet that said Faulk and Autry are, "are off the Baylor football team and have withdrawn from school" and morphed that into the headline, "JUCO Transfers Autry, Faulk dismissed from team".

The same day ESPN has this: http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/16030966/junior-college-transfers-bj-autry-jeremy-faulk-leave-baylor-bears. It says that Faulk and Autry have left the team.

The next day we have this http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/baylor/football/autry-faulk-leave-baylor-football-team/article_95613764-188f-50b3-92ac-2f31599c8a23.html from the WacoTrib. Basically, just says Faulk and Autry have left the team.

All the "detail" seems to come from this ESPN article http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/16083428/ex-baylor-football-player-says-get-fair-chance-clear-name-stay-school that, interestingly, does not actually mention Autry by name.

Am I missing something here?

Uh oh. I'll give Autry a 2% chance of playing here.

Well, that's a matter for law enforcement. If there are no charges, than there is nothing Minnesota can do about it. If we stop admitting students because someone else said something bad about them, we'd get sued by everyone. Obviously no one wants to admit any student athlete that will go on to commit future crimes, but until we have pre-cogs doing LE work, we'll fall short of that goal.

I'm in agreement that a person not charged with a crime should be not be blocked, but we live in the era of Title IX disciplinary proceedings. Read all about it in the Baylor thread.

Similar to Briles taking a transfer from Boise State that later was convicted of sexual assault, if the staff doesn't do due diligence and the player commits a crime Claeys will be subject to a Title IX investigation.

It's not right, but it is the world we live in. The administrators are absolutely terrified of Title IX right now (as all of us should be).

We have a better of uprooting Gene Autry versus signing this kid.

And you know this how? Have you read what Ryan Burns has said about what is going on? I thought so. We certainly may not sign him but I think you should stick to your field of expertise - Wisconsin Badger's football.:rolleyes: I did enjoy the Gene Autry reference though.

Sometimes I really wonder what people expect from GH. If you don't like speculation, what ifs, wild predictions, occasional trolls, banter, some misinformation, sarcasm, etc. then you are in the wrong place. Do you go to McDonalds expecting fine cuisine? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is the McRib back already?!?

And you know this how? Have you read what Ryan Burns has said about what is going on? I thought so. We certainly may not sign him but I think you should stick to your field of expertise - Wisconsin Badger's football.:rolleyes: I did enjoy the Gene Autry reference though.
Yep....I.just think what went on with the basketball program they will be super cautious.

What do they have to be cautious about, exactly?

There are two sides to every story. I think on this one they'll take the high road and move on even though this kid seems to have a clean bill of health on the incident. Still.....there was a
" Incident" Just saying.....

There are two sides to every story. I think on this one they'll take the high road and move on even though this kid seems to have a clean bill of health on the incident. Still.....there was a
" Incident" Just saying.....

What incident? I honestly haven't seen anything about anything, which is why I'm sincerely asking. The only thing I've seen is that he wanted to leave Baylor, did so, and then was suspended for it.

Top Bottom