Everyone else have Piti...I mean CoffeyTime on ignore already?

I mean, it does say the account was created in 2017.

That's quite a long play! Bravo

Now there's VolitileGopher too! And I think there was another one as well. All new. All here to simply defend Pitino out of nowhere. People are nuts.

Came close when he used the word corny in one of his posts.

He's here just to rile-up GopherGansta.

I was with him for a bit, as I think the level of Pitino hate has gotten a little ridiculous. It's not enough to say that Pitino hasn't met standards for recruiting, coaching, developing, or motivating players, he's apparently now an arrogant douche and a liar because he won't publicly admit to a firing that the athletic department hasn't announced yet, or because he wouldn't just resign in disgrace 4 games before the end of the season.

But I'm also not a fan of the pre-emptive shit talking about the next coach, whoever it may be. The stuff about how Minnesota is such an undesirable destination to both coaches and players that we should consider ourselves blessed that Pitino ever graced us with his presence, and we won't find someone like him for a long time after he's gone. A new coaching hire is like the peak time for optimism, and I wouldn't wanna dampen that feeling for myself by still being fiercely attached to the previous coach.

That other thread was basically an argument between someone who believes Pitino has never done anything right and someone who believes Pitino has never done anything wrong, and, being the enlightened centrist that I am, I find myself disagreeing with both. I don't understand people who cement a negative opinion of a coach after some early missteps and ignore the successes, and I guess I'm a little confused as to why we have ardent Pitino defenders showing up this late in the game, after a 7 game losing streak or whatever it's been. I'd have thought they would have stuck around all season to let us know that the blowout losses on the road were no cause for concern, that the big wins were proof of what a top notch coach Pitino was, and that we'd rack up some wins when the schedule eased up later on (which really was my own leaning for about half of Big Ten play this year).

I'm sure that I am on several posters Ignore Lists. Conversely, I may have as many as two on my list IIRC. I am not a fan of sending posters to "Elimination Island".

No control of his team.He got caught up in this social justice stuff as evidenced by his black clothing. He tried to be one of the boys instead of an authority figure. My humble opinion.

No control of his team.He got caught up in this social justice stuff as evidenced by his black clothing. He tried to be one of the boys instead of an authority figure. My humble opinion.

Huh?

Maybe the strangest take I've read on here in a while.

His support of social justice had nothing to do with how this team performed. Literally had the same issues in previous years before any of this was a conversation.

Huh?

Maybe the strangest take I've read on here in a while.

His support of social justice had nothing to do with how this team performed. Literally had the same issues in previous years before any of this was a conversation.
And has always worn black

Top Bottom