Every team's odds to win the Big Ten basketball tournament (Minnesota: Chances to win Big Ten tournament: 0.1%)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Garrett:

Minnesota:

Regular-season record: 13-14 (6-14 Big Ten)

Tournament seed: 13

Leading scorer: Marcus Carr, 19.6 ppg

Chances to reach semifinals: 3.6%

Chances to reach finals: 0.7%

Chances to win Big Ten tournament: 0.1%

Quotable: "It's one of the best leagues in the history of college basketball," said head coach Richard Pitino after this past Saturday's 77-70 overtime loss to Rutgers. "And I thought we were right there until injuries hit. But it's just there's older guys, there's veterans. I mean, I think you look at the top of the league — when you have a bunch of new guys when a pandemic hits, it's hard. I think you're seeing that around the country with a lot of those guys. When you have older guys, established players who've been in the league, maybe they can handle it a little bit better. We were right there, but injuries hit us. And so, it kind of is what it is."

Go Gophers!!

TeamRankings Logo
Minnesota Logo

Minnesota Basketball​

Predictions Update
Mar 9, 2021
The Big Ten tournament tips off tomorrow!
Minnesota is the #13 overall seed, based on their 6-14 conference record.
We rank the Golden Gophers as the #12 team in the Big Ten (and #61 team in the country).
Based on our power ratings, and the tournament bracket, we think Minnesota has a 0% chance to win the Big Ten tournament.

Big Ten Tournament Projections​

Big Ten Tournament RoundOdds For Minnesota To Reach Round
Round 253.6%
Quarter13.5%
Semi4.3%
Championship1.0%
Winner0.2%
We'll send updated survival odds before every round, if Minnesota keeps winning.
To see survival odds for all Big Ten teams, click the link below.
Full Big Ten Tournament Projections

Next Big Ten Tournament Opponent​

Bracketology Projections​

Make NCAA TournamentGet Automatic NCAA BidProjected Seed
(if Selected)
2%0%12
Minnesota is a long shot to make the NCAA tournament. Both an at-large bid and an automatic bid from winning the Big Ten tournament are unlikely.

FWIW, if we make the Finals, we'll get an at-large. We would be adding wins over Ohio State, Purdue and (presumably) Michigan. 5 wins over the top 10. They'd pretty much have to let us in.

FWIW, if we make the Finals, we'll get an at-large. We would be adding wins over Ohio State, Purdue and (presumably) Michigan. 5 wins over the top 10. They'd pretty much have to let us in.

FanDuel is calling.....

The quotable section sums up the entire Pitino era. In one paragraph he cites as excuses:

1)Pandemic
2)Injuries
3)Lack of Veterans
4)Tough Conference

Excuse makers rarely hold others accountable and if they try to, it is usually ignored because people see you telling others to do what you say, not what follow what you do.

The quotable section sums up the entire Pitino era. In one paragraph he cites as excuses:

1)Pandemic
2)Injuries
3)Lack of Veterans
4)Tough Conference

Excuse makers rarely hold others accountable and if they try to, it is usually ignored because people see you telling others to do what you say, not what follow what you do.
I have said on here before how disingenuous and arrogant he is and been ripped for it....He never takes personal responsibility for any of the team's shortcomings....He is a poor in-game coach, player developer and recruiter...I'm sure at his next gig he can up with some fresh new excuses for losing seasons.

We are in a situation where the vast majority agree that the best thing for the program is to end the season post haste and move on to new faces. I have no doubt that the universe will squash this by having the team earn an automatic bid to the big dance.
This is the Gopher Way.

1)Pandemic
2)Injuries
3)Lack of Veterans
4)Tough Conference

I have said on here before how disingenuous and arrogant he is and been ripped for it....He never takes personal responsibility for any of the team's shortcomings....He is a poor in-game coach, player developer and recruiter...I'm sure at his next gig he can up with some fresh new excuses for losing seasons.
I'm right with ya here. Reading that was just right on for the Pitino era. Brutal.

1)Pandemic
2)Injuries
3)Lack of Veterans
4)Tough Conference

Figures, total Pitino!

1. Pandemic - Ummm, we are all dealing with it. Level playing field Richard.
2. Injuries - Maybe you should have developed a bench. Have you never had a season with injuries before?
3. Lack of Veterans - Self Full-filling prophesy. You never played the bench, thus they have no experience.
4. Tough Conference - You beat most the top teams. You would think you could beat the bottom feeders.

God I wish I was a reporter!

Top Bottom