Ever sold your Gopher football tickets for more than face value?

CWCWCW

Reaction score
I've had season tickets since 1995. It seems that most years I have a conflict and am unable to attend at least one game. I have given my tickets to family and friends. The only time I recall trying to sell any tickets was prior to the Halloween Michigan State game. That was the first or second year of TCF stadium. The extra pair I had were on the 20 yard line in the first deck. I tried getting $30 for both. After 10 minutes of attempts, and scalpers offering me $10 for both, I stopped trying. I ended up giving them to a guy who was negotiating with a scalper who was snarky with me for no apparent reason. Anyway, I don't think I'm his friend.
So, I've been given grief by some people about getting Gopher tickets over the years when I could easily by single game tickets for a lot less. I know that's true, but I like my seats, I can afford it, and it's a way for me to support the team. There's nothing noble about it. I believe that anyone who pays for a ticket, can do what they'd like.
For those of you that have sold tickets in the past via StubHub, or just next to the stadium, have you ever received more than the face value of the ticket?

Oh, Hell no. Most times I can't even get anybody to take a ticket even if it is free unless they are badger, husker, bison or hawkeye fans.

I made good money on my Cal tickets a few years ago. The key is to sell them early. Prices always peak long before game day with gopher tix.

I got free outdoor club seats for NDSU, so I sold my regular seats. I don't remember what the face value for those was, but if I recall, I got around $125 each.

I do not have season tickets and my college roommate and I pick one game a year to go to. Last year it was Purdue and we bought the tickets and a parking pass off the Ticket exchange here at Gopherhole. They were for face value. I am planning on using the exchange again to get tickets for the game this year. We plan on the 9/28 game against Iowa this year and think they may coast us more than face value this time.

We have had two tickets for 8 years. Two years ago we knew we'd have to sell 3 games due to my work schedule. We sold early to friends of friends and were able to make enough to pay for one of season tickets. Nebraska was one of those games.

no, I have six tickets and they will go unused before I let opposing fans use them.

No. We have 4 seats at TCF and we try and take people with us to every game. The few times we couldn't go, people on here are right, sometimes it's hard to even give them away.

When we were at the Dome we had the 4 "downstairs" and 6 to 8 "upstairs". They were pretty cheap and we gave all those end zone tickets away. Looked at it as a way to take care of friends and "donate" to the Gophers. When we couldn't give them away we "ate" them. One time and one time only, somebody we gave them to sold them. He thought they were "company" tickets.

They weren't, I bought them myself. Still pisses me off thinking about it.

We got like double the value for the Nebraska game at TCF. Nebraska travles well and it was their first game in this stadium. Seemed like a great deal for me and my buddy.

So as I said in my post up above, My former college roommate and I are planning on going to the Iowa game this year on 9/28 so if you would like to sell your tickets to Gopher fans and don't mind two guys that will have a beer and yell during the game let me know and we can work something out.

Never have sold them...never missed a home game on 7 years.

Over the years I've sold a few ( actually on the Gopher Hole ) I've never asked for more than face value even when I could've involving games against Iowa and Wisconsin. I've never sold those tickets to another fan base. The only time I remember being offered more than face value is when someone approached my wife and I in the Friday meltdown game against Michigan and asked if I had any extra tickets, or would like to sell mine. I think he offered 20.00 above face for 40 yd line
tickets. I believe that was the night they had close to a 10,000 walkup sale for the game.

we have six season tix, a group of 4 and a group of two nearby. If we can't find friends/family to use our extras we donate the set of 2 to Tix for Tots, and it is well worth the $. Almost every time its a dad and his little kid in our other seats and that's a great feeling so I would highly recommend it instead of letting them go unused (we would never sell to opposing fans like others have said).

I have two seats and I usually just bring one friend/family member along for free as long as they are willing to show up early to tailgate. However this past season though I had to sell my seats for the season because I moved to London and I think I sold the whole season to a friend for about 20 dollars less than I normally pay for the season.

When I was a season ticket holder, I used to sell my Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, and North Dakota State tickets on ebay for much more than face value. I didn't renew last year and enjoyed purchasing $10 tickets from the U of M, thanks to our new athletic director.

This season will be a good year to turn a buck on tickets. Hopefully, the ticket office forces Nebraska fans to buy tickets to all 3 nonconference games if they want a ticket to the Husker game here.

I love all the "I would never sell to opposing fans" posts. Cute stuff.
We sold our Nebraska extras in 2011 for something like 3 or 4 x face. This year should be a pretty favorable year for selling extras and unused tickets for big ten games.

We sold our Nebraska extras in 2011 for something like 3 or 4 x face. This year should be a pretty favorable year for selling extras and unused tickets for big ten games.

Evidently it bothers you that some people choose not to sell their tickets to opposing fans. . .why would that bother you?

I've sold my tickets, a couple of times I got more than face value. I travel back and forth between LA and MPLS for work, so sometimes, I can't make it back. I, personally, won't sell them to opposing fans because the extra $100 or whatever isn't worth it TO ME. I don't begrudge anyone who does. If I can't sell them or if I can tell that the person is just taking them and MIGHT go, I give them to charity.

Wow! So cool bro.

The thing about "face value" is that it doesn't include the extra seat license and parking fees... Actual cost for some tickets is considerably more than "face value" I give my extra tickets away just because that's what works for me. I don't even try to sell them...

Serious question: Are you are really big fan of chewing tobacco?

With fans like you...

To each their own, I guess?

I have 4 donation seats and I know I'll never be able to get get face value for them right now.

Our tailgate group gives any spares to each other to reach out to friends if any can't be used...as long as they go to Gopher fans. It's never been an issue since quite a few come to the tailgate whether they have tickets or not.

I'm sure the home schedule should make Skoal "fan" some money.

I have sold for face value or better on Craigslist. It is a timing thing. And it really helps to have a parking pass in a tailgate lot.

It is really tough to sell them at all outside the stadium. Last year I ate two tickets rather than part with them for $20. I ended up going to BWW at half time for a beer and used them for re-entry.

I work in agriculture and would like to get season tickets but simply cant go to half the games. (Always DVR games and watch them back after listening on the radio or ESPN Gamecast.) I appriciate the people who put tickets on Stubhub, Craigslist ect... I went to three gopher games last year (New Hampshire, Purdue and Michigan State) payed under face for all tickets. All in the bottom bowl. If the gophers get better and I continue to do this I am expecting to pay over face value for tickets just the way it is.

Hey Skoal Vikings....GFY and take your moniker and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Top Bottom