Even with poor non-conference slate, 21 wins should get the Gophers a ticket to the Madness

Iowa looked good tonight. Fran put on a coaching clinic, certainly as it pertained to exploiting Gophers defense.

Disappointing loss, Gophers finish 2-2 in very manageable 4-game stretch.

Last edited:

Iowa looked good tonight. Fran put on a coaching clinic, certainly as it pertained to exploiting Gophers defense.

Disappointing loss, Gophers finish 2-2 in very manageable stretch.
Fran had quite a plan, and his team executed. He does have some nice players.

I can't grasp why cbj didn't adjust when the threes weren't falling and Mn bigs did well in the paint?

And, Mn really had a ft advantage.

It was an entertaining ball game, it looked like they were get run out of the gym but was a spirited Gopher come back.

Unfortunately moral victories count for squat as a metric in the eyes of the NCAA Selection Cmte.
Moral victory!!

Interesting how the spreads don’t really line up with the game category/labels.

Regardless, the last three are what matter and they “only” sum to going 12-10. And so far we are 3-7. Quickly running out of loss budget

Interesting how the spreads don’t really line up with the game category/labels.

Regardless, the last three are what matter and they “only” sum to going 12-10. And so far we are 3-7. Quickly running out of loss budget
Feelings have changed quickly and based on the schedule, this could get ugly fast. Home court is so important and we blew a couple golden opportunities. Need another road win to get back to neutral.

Gophers' best win of the season.

For the first time I'm allowing myself to think the NIT is a possibility.

I think there in if they can get the NET ranking into the lower eighties. They were only about 10 spaces or fewer away before today's game. We'll see how much today's win moves them up.

They'd have to do surprisingly well the rest of the season to get a home game in that tournament though.

I think there in if they can get the NET ranking into the lower eighties. They were only about 10 spaces or fewer away before today's game. We'll see how much today's win moves them up.

They'd have to do surprisingly well the rest of the season to get a home game in that tournament though.
We were 85 today

I know OOC was weak, but if you asked me solely on B1G games I’d have thought we were a bubble team based on results. The fact this thread is alive and feasible avenues exist in February is most certainly a few steps in the right direction!

I know OOC was weak, but if you asked me solely on B1G games I’d have thought we were a bubble team based on results. The fact this thread is alive and feasible avenues exist in February is most certainly a few steps in the right direction!
Bubble for which?

Only up to #90 in the NET. I thought we'd move up a little more than that. Man our OOC SOS is really dragging us down. SF and Missouri fading down the stretch here haven't helped. SF all the way down to #65 in the NET(they were around 40 a couple weeks ago) and Missouri all the way down to #137 in the NET. The next two games are massive if we want to try and catch MD in the NET. I think we'll end up catching OSU with the way they are playing.

A chance for the Gophers' first win vs. a (current) NET top 50 opponent.

Spartacular is favored by 3.5. An opportunity to chalk one up in the "Heavy Lifting"category.

Beat MSU tonight and things really start getting real (in a good way) for the Gophers.
This would certainly seem true, but according to CBS Net, neither Gophers nor Sparty moved one spot in either direction. How can that be?

Top Bottom