ESPN: Way-too-early Big Ten running back rankings (Runners-up: Ohio St and Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Runners-up: Ohio State and Minnesota

After becoming just the third freshman in school history to top 1,000 yards rushing, Mike Weber should be in line for even more carries and productivity with Curtis Samuel now off to the NFL. Even more encouraging for the Buckeyes? Weber has had time to heal from the shoulder injury that plagued him throughout his first season in the lineup, plus he stands to benefit from Kevin Wilson’s arrival to call plays and retool the Ohio State playbook. Demario McCall flashed some dynamic athleticism when given a chance to touch the football backing up Samuel at the H-back position, and the speedster could again give the Buckeyes a useful, versatile weapon to complement Weber.

Often overlooked last season, Rodney Smith still finished fourth in the Big Ten in rushing and found the end zone 16 times on the ground. The Gophers also have no shortage of depth and will likely again get multiple tailbacks involved to take some of the burden off Smith’s talented shoulders as P.J. Fleck arrives to take over the program.

http://www.espn.com/blog/bigten/pos...n-way-too-early-big-ten-running-back-rankings

Go Gophers!!

tbh I'd take Gophers depth vs the one man shows at PSU and NW. Lots of pounding for one guy to take all season long and you have to pray that they stay healthy. Just my .02

tbh I'd take Gophers depth vs the one man shows at PSU and NW. Lots of pounding for one guy to take all season long and you have to pray that they stay healthy. Just my .02

don't know if we really have 'depth'. We have 2 guys and 1 was injured half of last year. Plus I'm guessing PSU at least has a few guys that could carry the rock if given the chance.

Penn state has 4 and 5 star backups I think it's more of a choice by them.

Personal opinion, but I'll take guys who have seen game action as my depth (think the stuff like blocking, blitz pickup, etc). Penn state is Barkley and everyone else (2 under sized rising freshmen) is a much more distant option. Same with NW and Jackson. Both are damn good players who do it all. Again not saying you're wrong, but there's a reason only one guy is getting all the work. Penn State is not like USC with Bush and White

Top Bottom