ESPN: Spring Q&A: Minnesota Coach Jerry Kill

Big thing I noticed is that Kill said Devon Wright is now a receiver and he calls Isaac Hayes a guard. News to me, but I may be late to the party.

Big thing I noticed is that Kill said Devon Wright is now a receiver and he calls Isaac Hayes a guard. News to me, but I may be late to the party.

This was all discussed in the presser before the opening spring practice yesterday. Those really weren't surprises to me - the biggest surprise in my book was him calling Jack Lynn a MLB and saying he's in competition with Damien Wilson for the starting spot. I thought Lynn was going to be a 'tweener even by OLB standards - and now he's going to be playing in the middle?

This was all discussed in the presser before the opening spring practice yesterday. Those really weren't surprises to me - the biggest surprise in my book was him calling Jack Lynn a MLB and saying he's in competition with Damien Wilson for the starting spot. I thought Lynn was going to be a 'tweener even by OLB standards - and now he's going to be playing in the middle?

I am not sure if it was at the presser or I heard it somewhere else, but coach Kill said Lynn now weighs about 250 lbs or slightly less than Wilson. The roster does list him at 234 though. They were giving very clear signals last fall that they thought he was something special. He was named the scout co-defensive player of the year also. He is certainly a player that I want to watch during spring practice.

P.S. Wilson is listed at 254.

Top Bottom