ESPN rankings

MNSpaniel

Reaction score
I'm not so sure on how they rank their players or how accurate they are. I'm not going to mention the kid's name to save his feelings should someone be reading this. However, he is ranked quite high in Minnesota's top players according to ESPN. I'm quite knowledgeable about this team because my son plays on it. I would say he is the 3rd or 4th best player on his own team. They had him ranked in the top ten in Minnesota.

I'm not so sure on how they rank their players or how accurate they are. I'm not going to mention the kid's name to save his feelings should someone be reading this. However, he is ranked quite high in Minnesota's top players according to ESPN. I'm quite knowledgeable about this team because my son plays on it. I would say he is the 3rd or 4th best player on his own team. They had him ranked in the top ten in Minnesota.

So are you saying that ESPN made a mistake on this kid or that your son plays for the greatest team in the history of the STATE ?!

The former right? ;)

Sesame Street?

Obviously you are not talking about one of the top five, so we are talking about #6-10. If you look at those kids there is one that isn't quite "like the others." I know one of those five as well (I'm thinking we are talking about the same one) and his presence on that list tells me two things...

1) ESPN doesn't spend more than 5 minutes creating that list and

2) Someone did an amazing job marketing this kid

:confused:

The only list I found was 5 players deep, not 10. Can you provide a link?

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recr...acker/prospects?season=2010&pos=null&state=MN

I don't really know a thing about these guys, but out of the top 10 the only one without an offer that I can see is Chase Nelson of Edina. Nothing to be ashamed of on his part.

From what I've seen, the top 4-6 players in MN are fairly easy to rank but past that it is kind of a crapshoot. We got JD Pride who is ranked 12th and offered Evan Williams who committed to Wyoming, ranked 19th. As far as I know, we didn't offer anybody else past about number 5, Lamonte Edwards.

Ahh, I was in the right spot, but I thought you were speaking of 2011. Yes, we really only had 6 guys worth looking at this year, and sadly we only landed 2.

no entiendo
I saw someone wearing this shirt in Spain. I keep meaning to get one myself.

no_entiendo_ringer.png

Top Bottom