ESPN prediction: MN @ Ind

upnorthkid

Reaction score
MINNESOTA at INDIANA

Rittenberg: Minnesota's recent surge has been incredibly impressive, but I just don't like the matchup here for the Gophers. Indiana is playing for its bowl life and must win this game at home coming off of a bye. Unlike Minnesota's past two opponents, Indiana is healthy on offense and will strike with big-play threats Cody Latimer and Shane Wynn for some early scores. Minnesota's run game shows up again, but the Hoosiers use a big fourth quarter to get the W. ... Indiana 35, Minnesota 31

Bennett: Does Vegas know something here? Indiana is a solid favorite despite how well Minnesota is playing. Seems weird. But ... maybe the wiseguys are on to something. Indiana has had two weeks to prepare and figure out something defensively, and this will be one of the best offenses the Gophers have seen. I predict a big day for Tre Roberson as the Hoosiers temporarily halt Minnesota's nice run. ... Indiana 33, Minnesota 30.

let's prove em wrong for the 3rd week running!

Rittenberg, what part of Nebraska wasn't healthy besides their RG?

Typical... safe... like all their picks. Look up Vegas odds and add some commentary. Done.

My favorite is when they say something like "Iowa finds its passing game and scores on a TD pass late in the game to win it" and then pat themselves on the back the next Tuesday with comments like "We didn't see Iowa's blowout loss by 35 points coming, just like everyone else. But, Adam correctly saw a late TD Pass. It was just thrown by a different QB to a different WR and it didn't win the game."

Or, predict Michigan State 12, Purdue 6 and then say "We both nailed Purdue's score pretty closely, but missed on Michigan State's in the Spartans 59-7 victory."

Rittenberg, what part of Nebraska wasn't healthy besides their RG?

The irony is that Indiana is missing 3 of the 5 starting OL they had at the start of the season. If anything, Indiana is the least healthy of the 3 teams on offense. Of course, we have to rationalize away any and all Gopher wins because the simplest explanation (the Gophers are playing better and are a better team) cannot be true. The quality of Rittenberg's writing and analysis has gone to hell since he's been exposed to the Bennett virus.

This game is a tough call IMO. For the Gophers to win it all about defense keeping Indiana under control with a good pass rush and a couple turnovers. What worries me is the focus on stopping the Indiana passing attack opens up thier running game for a big day on the ground. The Gophers on offense should have a good day running the football but they need to make some plays in the passing game which we have seen the last couple of weeks. Move the chains, roll the clock, and get points.

That's ok, keep picking against us Rittenberg & Bennett, we just have to go out and prove them wrong.

That's ok, keep picking against us Rittenberg & Bennett, we just have to go out and prove them wrong.

I agree bigs. I love it when an underdog comes up and bites a favorite in the buttocks. I hate it when any dog comes up and bites ME in the buttocks.

Other than the injury thing, what is wrong with their prediction? Indiana rolled over Penn State at home, they hung tough with Missouri, they did much better than we did at the big house, and actually scored 28 against michigan state on the road in a competitive game.

This is by no means an easy win for the Gophers. I'm not surprised/upset with their predictions by any means.

The irony is that Indiana is missing 3 of the 5 starting OL they had at the start of the season. If anything, Indiana is the least healthy of the 3 teams on offense. Of course, we have to rationalize away any and all Gopher wins because the simplest explanation (the Gophers are playing better and are a better team) cannot be true. The quality of Rittenberg's writing and analysis has gone to hell since he's been exposed to the Bennett virus.
Ain't that the truth.
I also saw that IU has a couple injured OL. And aren't the rest fairly young? Hopefully Hageman & Cockran are able to get to the QB quickly and disrupt their passing game.

At least they both picked the Gophers to cover the spread.

This is by no means an easy win for the Gophers. I'm not surprised/upset with their predictions by any means.

Me neither.

I love the way the Gophers played last week, but I refuse to get caught up in the hype. Indiana's season is on the line. I think the betting line is spot on - I've got Hoosiers by 10, with the Gophers rebounding to beat Penn State next week for win #7.

The game gets settled on the field, I'm not at all bothered by their predicting a loss. Coming off a big win, complacency is the enemy. Being a 9.5 point underdog ought to remind the Gophers that they are going to have to fight for the entire game to get the win.

Vegas Insider has Minnesota +8.5 right now. I'm sure this would be tough to find but I wonder when the last time a team who was an underdog by at least 8.5 points in 3 straight games ended up winning all 3? I've gotta think that doesn't happen too often. It'd be quite the accomplishment if we're able to win Saturday.

Guaranteed they'll highlight Rittenberg "nailing" Indiana's big 4th quarter, and call it a day...

Top Bottom