ESPN: Penn State announces uniform changes

BleedGopher

Reaction score
The school on Tuesday announced two changes to the Nittany Lions' unis for the 2012 season.

1. A blue ribbon will be worn to honor victims of child abuse.

2. Players' last names will be displayed for the first time "in recognition of their resolve and dedication to the team and the university," a news release reads.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/54999/penn-state-announces-uniform-changes

Go Gophers!!

I really feel for their players when they have to play away games this year. I think it is going to be brutal the taunts they are likely to hear from opposing teams players/fans.

I really feel for their players when they have to play away games this year. I think it is going to be brutal the taunts they are likely to hear from opposing teams players/fans.

I've been wondering about that myself.

I gotta believe the vast majority of fans will be above that.

I wonder if the names on the jersey is to make the school more attractive to recruits, as it is much less appealing than it used to be. They have a tradition of not having the names on the jersey, but once you put them on there, it would be very difficult to get them off again, so I would guess they would be on there for good.

Top Bottom