ESPN on the Big Ten

MN Gopher Fan

Executive Sports Analyst
Reaction score
Just watched the great Big Ten preview on ESPN and.............no mention of the gophers at all. I actually did hear their name 5 minutes later as they were talking about the Cal Bears and how they have a couple early "big" games with one being at MN.

You'd think they could give us a little bit of a shout out but I'll settle for hearing more about how Michigan sucks and how slow the big ten is.

What do you want? It wasn't like it's a half-hour special about the Big Ten, it was a 3 minute segment within College Football Live.

If you want to see either of the following commentary, ESPN is your source:

1. SEC lovefest
2. The Big 10 is slow

um...well playhosea...thanks for the sucky response...i was shooting for the fact that they didn't even mention any dark horses for our conference, but again, i guess 3-5 minutes isn't enough time to say anything outside of penn state, ohio state, and sucky michigan...

If you want to see either of the following commentary, ESPN is your source:

1. SEC lovefest
2. The Big 10 is slow

that is what happens when the SEC signs a long-term TV contract with your network and the Big Ten conference tells you to "go f*ck yourself papi! we got our own mutha f-ing network. we don't need no stinking east coast sports programming network!" ;)

that is what happens when the SEC signs a long-term TV contract with your network and the Big Ten conference tells you to "go f*ck yourself papi! we got our own mutha f-ing network. we don't need no stinking east coast sports programming network!" ;)
tru dat!

Just watched the great Big Ten preview on ESPN and.............no mention of the gophers at all. I actually did hear their name 5 minutes later as they were talking about the Cal Bears and how they have a couple early "big" games with one being at MN.

You'd think they could give us a little bit of a shout out but I'll settle for hearing more about how Michigan sucks and how slow the big ten is.

Unfortunately this is utterly predictable. I know some people don't like BTN, but it is no contest compared to the indifference of ESPN.

Honestly I can't even handle ESPN anymore. SportCenter has turned into a complete joke and everything is about the East or West coast. On and on about the NBA and hardly anything about hockey. Constant interviews with players turned criminals trying to clear their names.

This is no suprise. Like Bronk said, the Big Ten told them to go pound sand because they have their own network so it's no big deal. Ohio St., Michigan, and Penn St. are 3 of the biggest programs in the history of NCAA football, there is no need to speculate on how MN or Northwestern is going to do right now, no one cares unfortunately. Best bet is to watch Big 10 show that they have at night.

Hey ESPN, GFY!:p

Ironically, right at this moment, Alex Daniels is on the front page of ESPN.com in a Gopher uniform being tackled at Cal.

Top Bottom