ESPN: Mo expected to play Saturday vs Illinois

Taji34

Reaction score
Minnesota coach P.J. Fleck said Monday that he expects star running back Mohamed Ibrahim to return from an ankle injury in time for Saturday's game against Illinois.

Ibrahim warmed up prior to Minnesota's game against Purdue on Oct. 1 but didn't play. Minnesota ended up losing 20-10 to the Boilermakers, suffering its first loss of the season.

Ibrahim hurt his left ankle during the Golden Gophers' 34-7 victory at Michigan State on Sept. 24. He ran 22 times for 103 yards and a touchdown against the Spartans and has rushed for over 100 yards in all four games he's played this year.

He has run for 567 yards and eight touchdowns on 89 carries this season and was second in FBS in rushing yards heading into the game against Purdue.

Anyone else reading into this unusual transparency way too much and worried it’s PJ playing mind games with Illinois? Just me? Ok good.

Anyone else reading into this unusual transparency way too much and worried it’s PJ playing mind games with Illinois? Just me? Ok good.
In this case I don't see any reason what so ever to doubt Fleck when he says Mo is playing. Mo was close to playing for Purdue (suited up, participating in warmups) and has had 2 weeks to rest up.

My initial thoughts as well....but he must have been at least close to playing vs. Purdue...he went through pregame warmups. You would have to think with a week off he would be good to go......right???? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

As a sometimes nervous person I feel like that was kinda understood and any confirmation at this point somehow makes me more nervous.

Top Bottom