ESPN FPI has Gophers favored to win the West

Anything ESPN-related typically gives the Gophers the shaft. I think of ESPN second only to Athelon in consistently writing off the Gophers. Could just be a perception thing on my part, but it is the way I feel anyway.

I do remember at the height of the 2019 west division Gopher drive for the crown, the numbers looked really good. Hopefully THIS is finally the year our rodents break through.

Now advanced to 2 digits to convey odds.

Progress.

Literally that’s why they have us favored to win the west. They think Nebraska will beat one or both of Iowa/wisconsin
It looks like they think Nebraska will beat Iowa in that last week, and it thinks we are now slightly favored to beat WI but still lose to Iowa.

It looks like they think Nebraska will beat Iowa in that last week, and it thinks we are now slightly favored to beat WI but still lose to Iowa.
Assuming wins against Illinois and indiana….If we split wisconsin Iowa and Nebraska sweeps them…the gophers are West champ.

Literally that’s why they have us favored to win the west. They think Nebraska will beat one or both of Iowa/wisconsin
Silly FPI. Relying on Nebraska to beat anybody is a fool's errand, no matter how "talented" they are. They keep tripping on their own shoelaces.

I just want MN to win outright. The OL and Defense have gotten better each week which should put the Gophers in a good position to beat IA and WI. If we do that, we don't need a lucky break from the Huskers.

Not sure if anyone here has posted this before but had this thought last night - if the Gophers beat Iowa and Wisconsin they win the West, even with losses to Illinois and Indiana.

Not sure if anyone here has posted this before but had this thought last night - if the Gophers beat Iowa and Wisconsin they win the West, even with losses to Illinois and Indiana.
I believe that's accurate because head to head tiebreakers.

But our bowl selection looks a lot better at 10-2 rather than 8-4.

% Chances to win from FPI.

MN over Ill: 84%
MN over Iowa: 36%
MN over Indiana: 64%
MN over Wisconsin: 50%

WI over Rutgers: 68%
WI over Northwestern: 90%
WI over Nebraska: 59%
WI over Minn 50%

IA over Northwestern: 81%
IA over MN: 64%
IA over Illinois 85%
IA over Nebraska 45%

Not if Purdue wins out. They would be 7-2 to our 6-3.

% Chances to win from FPI.

MN over Ill: 84%
MN over Iowa: 36%
MN over Indiana: 64%
MN over Wisconsin: 50%

WI over Rutgers: 68%
WI over Northwestern: 90%
WI over Nebraska: 59%
WI over Minn 50%

IA over Northwestern: 81%
IA over MN: 64%
IA over Illinois 85%
IA over Nebraska 45%
FPI is basically saying that there's a ~75% chance that Nebraska beats either Wisconsin or Iowa, and a 25% chance they win both.

The computers can't quit the Huskers, but I would love if they were right.

These are so weird. It's easy to update odds and predictions as the season goes along. We're all suckers for clicking on that stuff.

Looks to me like we'll have to beat WI to win this thing. Their schedule is cake besides us.

Why would you say that?

Top Bottom