ESPN: Boston Celtics president Danny Ainge to step down, Brad Stevens moving to front office, Boston to hire new HC

BleedGopher

Reaction score
I can't imagine Stevens' days of coaching are over. I predict he ends up as Coach K's replacement. This now allows him to take a coaching job in April, as opposed to having to wait until June when the NBA season is over.

Per ESPN:

Danny Ainge is stepping down as the Boston Celtics' president of basketball operations and the franchise is elevating coach Brad Stevens to run basketball operations, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

The Celtics will start a search to hire a head coach to replace Stevens, sources said.

Howl Wolves!!

I could see that occurring Bleed, although it sounds like K's pushing hard for Jon Scheyer. If I was Stevens, it seems it'd be wise to spend time in Boston's front office for awhile--whoever follows K will have massive expectations to live up to--it's a job that could easily swallow someone up. If Scheyer doesn't measure up, Stevens could be coming in as the savior/bringing the gold standard back, rather than following K immediately.

It makes him turning down IU seem odd. Considering that was his "dream" college job...

Top Bottom