ESPN: B1G postseason position rankings: WR/TE - 12. Minnesota (Preseason ranking: 12)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
12. Minnesota (Preseason ranking: 12): Like many of their Big Ten brethren, the Gophers lacked playmakers on the edge to provide balance on offense. Their best threat, A.J. Barker, left the program in not-so-quiet fashion after a spat with head coach Jerry Kill. Barker appeared in only eight games but still had 11 more receptions than any other Minnesota player. Receivers like Isaac Fruechte, Derrick Engel and Devin Crawford-Tufts showed flashes, and tight end John Rabe had four touchdown grabs, but Minnesota needs a lot more from this group going forward.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/71391/b1g-postseason-position-rankings-wrte-2

Go Gophers!!

Certainly some of the poor production out of the WR/TE position can be attributed to the struggles we had last season at the QB position but clearly this unit left a lot to be desired and has a lot of ? going into next year as has been discussed in other threads.

You can't really argue with that assessment.

I think we have potential, but a ton of question marks. Harbison? McDonald?

As far as TE, I like this position. Plsek was impressive last year, Goodger is solid and I am really excited to see Duke Anyanwu play. Kill has said that he's 250 lbs and he was an athletic freak in HS.

Can't argue. If we could stay healthy on the OL and run the ball (via RB) all while having 1 QB all season I think we would have done better. I really liked how the offense looked in the bowl game against TT minus the last 7 minutes than I think we will certainly improve next year.

Preseason Rankings will still be no. 12 with so many uncertainties but I expect that we will see a much improved WR/TE group next year!

Can't argue. If we could stay healthy on the OL and run the ball (via RB) all while having 1 QB all season I think we would have done better. I really liked how the offense looked in the bowl game against TT minus the last 7 minutes than I think we will certainly improve next year.

Preseason Rankings will still be no. 12 with so many uncertainties but I expect that we will see a much improved WR/TE group next year!

+1

What about Maxx Williams? Has Kill talked about his progression at all?

Spring ball is where we will start to find out about guys like Maxx Williams and where they stand on the roster. If they are progressing they will start to get in the mix for playing time.

Top Bottom