Erick All (Michigan TE) enters Transfer Portal With a Message

GopherTakes

Reaction score
Many Michigan fans are angered about the cryptic message he left the team with, there are also ties to him going to Iowa for next season
erick.png

It is truly getting crazy out there with the portal, NIL, and the likes of people like Deon Sanders trying to pull the strings at P5.

In my book, not much of this is for the better of the game. There is not much parity already, and I think we might just as well forget about ever having semblance of it.

It is truly getting crazy out there with the portal, NIL, and the likes of people like Deon Sanders trying to pull the strings at P5.

In my book, not much of this is for the better of the game. There is not much parity already, and I think we might just as well forget about ever having semblance of it.
Really don’t understand why they got rid of the sit a year deal.

Get rid of the time limit on your eligibility. You get to play 4 seasons no matter how long it takes. Any time you transfer schools you sit out 12 months.

Get rid of the time limit on your eligibility. You get to play 4 seasons no matter how long it takes. Any time you transfer schools you sit out 12 months.
It's simply based on kids picking coaches over school and then the coach leaves or the kid didn't get what they signed up for. More friendly to the players. I agree that they should just be allowed to play 4 years of college, but I think a 6-year limit should be in place.

I agree. I think the popularity of college football took off in the early 2000s when we started seeing parity. Schoolie limit down to 85, players choosing to go to other schools to start as freshman instead of sitting for a few years at Miami, FSU, etc.

Did all 120+ FBS teams have a shot? Of course not, but the top dogs were beatable. Every year there would be multiple times when a top team would fall unexpectedly to someone they should have beaten. I fear those days are drying up.

It's simply based on kids picking coaches over school and then the coach leaves...
Well, if you want to call them "student-athletes" like the NCAA does, then there would be a better argument for letting them transfer if their school dropped their major. If you're truly a "student-athlete" then you are there for the education and should just play sports as an extra-curricular.

So if the NCAA wants to allow these transfers, for that reason, then drop the term "student-athlete" for "athlete-student".

What’s wrong with it? He basically said he is leaving because he felt misled. Nothing wrong with that. I wouldn’t have done it but it’s not that intense
Save those nuggets for your drinking buddies, not your Twitter feed.

It’s a statement that just raised more questions.

Yet this is the first year ever without Alabama or Clemson in the college football playoff. This is an example of a player leaving a helmet school for likely a mid tier program to get more playing time.

So how is this not better for parity?

Probably because it wouldn't have stood up in court under the Alston and O'Bannon rulings.

What’s wrong with it? He basically said he is leaving because he felt misled. Nothing wrong with that. I wouldn’t have done it but it’s not that intense
It demonstrates a level of his maturity.

Probably because it wouldn't have stood up in court under the Alston and O'Bannon rulings.
It had nothing to do with those two rulings.
The Courts has upheld bans on participation in k-12 schools.
No question they’d uphold ncaa rules. Not at related to o bannon case

It's simply based on kids picking coaches over school and then the coach leaves or the kid didn't get what they signed up for. More friendly to the players. I agree that they should just be allowed to play 4 years of college, but I think a 6-year limit should be in place.
Could solve the portal “ issue” by letting as many transfers as they want happen without ever costing eligibility but always costing one calendars year

Is it immature to give reasons why you leave?
I assume you’ve never complained about anything in your life then
Would you have preferred the word "diplomatically".

I've never made innuendos about other people lying on social media.

I've complained to my wife, friends, and family about things. If I felt compelled to make a statement, I would have come out and said my issue.

I've never made innuendos about other people lying on social media.

I've complained to my wife, friends, and family about things. If I felt compelled to make a statement, I would have come out and said my issue.
And that’s your choice

I’m sure he will never get a job again because of this
I’m sure anyone who meets him 2 weeks from now will ask him about it

This isn’t even a little deal. It’s a no deal

And that’s your choice

I’m sure he will never get a job again because of this
I’m sure anyone who meets him 2 weeks from now will ask him about it

This isn’t even a little deal. It’s a no deal
Who said he'll never get a job? Who said everyone will be talking about this weeks from now? Take a big deep breath.

The poster simply said it's an example of what not to say when you transfer. He didn't say it was the worst possible thing to say on the planet and this will forever destroy the person's career.

You've worked yourself into a hissy fit over someone you agree with. For the same reason YOU claim you wouldn't say it, he probably shouldn't have said it.

Who said he'll never get a job? Who said everyone will be talking about this weeks from now? Take a big deep breath.

The poster simply said it's an example of what not to say when you transfer. He didn't say it was the worst possible thing to say on the planet and thiswill forever destroy the person's career.
You've worked yourself into a hissy fit over someone you agree with. For the same reason YOU claim you wouldn't say it, he probably shouldn't have said it.
Why should he have probably not said it?
Absolutely no negative consequence?

I’m on a hissy fit says the guy who just gave a 3 paragraph response to a guy who said it wasn’t a deal lol
You are such a snowflake

Why should he have probably not said it?
Absolutely no negative consequence?

I’m on a hissy fit says the guy who just gave a 3 paragraph response to a guy who said it wasn’t a deal lol
You are such a snowflake
It makes him look bad and he gained absolutely nothing. The exact reason you claim you wouldn't have said it (even though you seem like the type to seethe on social media). It's interesting to see your moral compass on right and wrong is derived from negative consequence.

I said you're having a hissy fit because you're melting down on this thread because someone said it was an example of what not to say when they transfer. It sent you into a spiral.

I don't think you know how to use the term "snowflake" very well which is odd because it's about 7 years past it's expiration date.

It makes him look bad and he gained absolutely nothing. The exact reason you claim you wouldn't have said it (even though you seem like the type to seethe on social media). It's interesting to see your moral compass on right and wrong is derived from negative consequence.

I said you're having a hissy fit because you're melting down on this thread because someone said it was an example of what not to say when they transfer. It sent you into a spiral.

I don't think you know how to use the term "snowflake" very well which is odd because it's about 7 years past it's expiration date.
Here is more of me throwing a hissy fit

The vibe, intended or not, indicates a disgruntled employee. Generally speaking, airing grievances in public reflects poorly on the person doing the airing, even if what he is saying is 100% true. Most organizations tend to avoid martyrs, because usually sooner rather than later, the new organization will become the target of the discontent they are not mature enough to handle.

Top Bottom