Eric Carter Commits

Tweet from Carter: "Officially Committed To The University Of Minnesota ! #Godisgood #thankgod #Skiumah #minnesota"

Go Gophers!!

This is a good get for the Gophers. Offers from Purdue, Iowa, and Missouri?! Nice work Jerry!

He was previously "committed" to Cincinnati, so hopefully this one sticks.

Lake Gibson is a real solid program in Florida. They're 9-0 this season with four guys on the team committed to BCS programs.

He looks good!

He reminds me a bit of what we thought we had with Brandon Green, or more precisely, he looks like a similar type of WR to Green in HS. Green was an impressive younger player for the Gophs and unfortunately we never got to see his potential because of knee injuries.

Welcome aboard Eric Carter!

He looks good!

He reminds me a bit of what we thought we had with Brandon Green, or more precisely, he looks like a similar type of WR to Green in HS. Green was an impressive younger player for the Gophs and unfortunately we never got to see his potential because of knee injuries.

After viewing his Jr. video, it appears that he has very good hands & runs excellent routes. Not a burner though. Nice offer list and lets hope he sticks.

He looks good!

He looks smaller and less athletic than Green to me. Doesn't seem like a game changer as far as being able to throw it up to him or get the ball in his hands and let him make plays, but if he runs good routes, has sticky hands, blocks, has a good football IQ, character, and other intangibles then he could still have a lot of value.

Here is the ESPN evaluation of him: LINK

Carter is a very productive target in the passing game with versatility and comfort level to play just about anywhere including Wildcat QB. He has average size, is lean with an athletic build. He is much quicker and sharp that he is fast. This is not a player that will create big, homerun plays, but he gets open, has consistent hands and is a sharp route runner in the short and intermediate passing game. Surges off the ball and gets to top speed quickly. On the outside he does a nice job setting defenders up with double moves and stutters to create separation and give the impression he is going to break the route off. He does not also show smooth transition as a short and intermediate route runner. Can have some tension in the hips and is a short stepper. Diagonal breaks and vertical cuts he is very good with, speed and sharp cuts he can gear down some to gather before he breaks and gives away indicators of his intentions. He attacks the football when it is in the air. He will leap, dive and extend above his head and away from his frame to snag balls thrown his way. Works from the slot and does a nice job locating voids in coverage and settling. Very good on crossing routes, knowing when to gear down. Can stretch the seam and will make plays over the middle of the field and in traffic. Our biggest concern with Carter is that he%u2019s a one-speed player. Lacks a second gear and the ability to win footraces once in the open field. Is a polished player, but separation challenges could come at the next level. Good prospect that may be best in the slot for the next level.

Glad for the commit and does seem like a good get. He does strike me as a player the helmet schools would target it they whiffed on their first choice. Maybe that is who Coach Kill is focusing on to build the program, getting to the helmet schools second choice before they get to them...if that makes sense.

He looks smaller and less athletic than Green to me. Doesn't seem like a game changer as far as being able to throw it up to him or get the ball in his hands and let him make plays, but if he runs good routes, has sticky hands, blocks, has a good football IQ, character, and other intangibles then he could still have a lot of value.

Yeah, Green was 6'0" coming out of HS and this kid is 5'10", but he is also about 10 lbs larger than Green coming out of HS. Other than that, I think that is how I always viewed Green.

He is willing to work hard and have a great future with a college degree and more! I'm all for this guy! Welcome!

There is a definitely a need at the WR position. Welcome aboard!

I would imagine there is still room for 1 more WR, preferably Hunter Jarmon or Drew Wolitarsky.

Tweet from Damaris Peppers:

I think @ECARTERLG8 is right, maybe it is time for me to come home

Sounds like peppers could be our next commit!

:clap:

Even though I'm one of those that believes it means nothing until signing day, this is just neat.

Neat? Dang right! Kill is slowly turning this program around.

I thought Kill can't recruit and this program is destined for mediocrity.

Not just a good receiver, but a terrific student as well, congrats Eric and congrats Gophers.

I don't believe it. It can't be true. Jerry Kill only recruits players that nobody else wants, particularly when discussing non-MN players.

He looks good!

Green could have been a good one if not for the injuries. When I watch him play, I still think he has better WR skills than most of our guys, but his knees appear to be shot.

But this thread is about Carter. Appears to be a good signing. Lacks the Western Michigan offer we all look for in a prospect, but I'll look past that. Seriously, good set of offers which makes this a notable signing.

Top Bottom