Epic Upset Brewing in IA City. Ind 7 IA 0

Don't act like this doesn't happen every week, I am not sure why anyone would be surprised. All the calls, all the breaks, all the close games go Iowa's way...it's been that way for 5-6 years.

We've had more bad breaks in a typical game against Northwestern than Iowa has had in that time period.

They deserve credit for being a solid team, but they certainly should not be undefeated.

They shouldn't be undefeated? Give me a break. They won by 18 points, they deserved to win that game because they capitalized Indiana mistakes and Indiana did not capitalize on Iowa mistakes.

Don't act like this doesn't happen every week, I am not sure why anyone would be surprised. All the calls, all the breaks, all the close games go Iowa's way...it's been that way for 5-6 years.

We've had more bad breaks in a typical game against Northwestern than Iowa has had in that time period.

They deserve credit for being a solid team, but they certainly should not be undefeated.

Can you point out all the bad calls specifically and how they affected the outcome of this game?

I remember 5 questionable plays.

1.) Indiana appears they MAY have got a first down but they look at replay and confirm that they made the correct call originally. It didn't matter because our player made a dumb mistake and encroached on the next play, making it inconsequential. First down, Indiana. Indiana still got a first down, it did not matter what the refs called.

2.) Indiana WR catches a ball in the back of the endzone. The refs call it incomplete and then it is reviewed and confirmed. Player looks like he caught the ball for the TD. It doesn't matter because Indiana scores on the next play.

3.) Iowa WR catches a 20 yard pass that is questionable. Play is reviewed and overturned. Incomplete pass. Good call.

4.) Indiana WR catches a pass in the endzone. Play is reviewed and should not have been overturned IMO unless there is an angle the TV viewers didn't see. Indiana misses a FG on the next play. One play that was probably bad and Indiana got screwed on it.

5.) Helmet to Helmet hit on Iowa WR by Indiana DB. Borderline but from the ref's angle, it looks like the correct call. Could have easily been a no-call. Iowa threw a pick on the next play.

Bad reffing all around but nothing that truly affected an 18 point victory. At worst, we're looking at an 11 point Iowa Victory. Iowa had 6 freakin turnovers... They outgained Indiana by 150 yards. Indiana would have won if they were the better team.

The next time there is a conspiracy for Iowa I hope the refs let us in on it.

Top Bottom