Entire NCAA tourney to be played in Indiana

It's not like there will be a huge financial gain to this.

Would be an advantage to Purdue or IU to play an NCAA game there. Doubt it will happen because both of those teams could miss the tourney entirely and I'd think the selection committee would schedule them in Indy.

It's not like there will be a huge financial gain to this.
The hotels that house the teams, the camera crews, and officials will like it

the gyms that rent gym space will like this

but no, not like a typical year, you are right

The hotels that house the teams, the camera crews, and officials will like it

the gyms that rent gym space will like this

but no, not like a typical year, you are right
Plus, unlike the NBA bubble, it's one and done.

From the linked article:

"The NCAA will stage the entire 2021 men’s basketball championship in Indiana, with the majority of the tournament’s 67 games taking place in Indianapolis. Selection Sunday is still scheduled for March 14, and plans remain to have the Final Four on April 3 and 5, with exact preliminary-round dates to be determined."

This appears to confirm that in place of the Ivy League Champion, there will be an additional At Large team make the field and the bracket will be what we have become used to. For now.

Also, without the travel, games could be played on Mon-Tue-Wed. I would guess it would start about a full week after Selection Sunday.

Plan now is to send the teams out Monday after selection Sunday quarantine for a week. Then the first 4 would be the 23rd and 24th.. play that weekend then Sweet 16 would follow Monday-Thursday. Final 4 dates would remain the same.

Plan now is to send the teams out Monday after selection Sunday quarantine for a week. Then the first 4 would be the 23rd and 24th.. play that weekend then Sweet 16 would follow Monday-Thursday. Final 4 dates would remain the same.

can you please provide a link?

Sorry I don’t have one it is just what I heard from someone who is in the loop. Of course like I was told things can change because of Covid.

Sorry I don’t have one it is just what I heard from someone who is in the loop. Of course like I was told things can change because of Covid.

No problem. Historically we do a boys trip in Vegas for the opening weekend. This would implicate the flight I already booked (with insurance of course. Haha)

Me as well! We go Sweet 16 week and I am booked. We used our vouchers from last year. I hope it works out for you!!!

I like the idea of the Gophers in a tournament where all of the games are played in a geographic location in which they are already used to visiting. In effect, a small bit of a 'home court advantage' (and i'll gladly take any we can get) over other teams who don't typically travel there.

Top Bottom