Enough talk about what could be

How many of the last 4 regular season games can we win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gopherbbdude

Reaction score
So there is way to much talk about what could be. I know everyone is frustrated and ready for change but this team still has 4 games, plus a BTT game.

I mean I think we can win the rest of our regular season games. We've been bad and frustrated as fans but it's Nebraska, Northwestern, Penn St, and Rutgers. Do I think we will win them all? No, probably not but feelings aside we absolutely can.

without Gabe, and Robbins not playing 100% im going with 1 more win

Gabe doesn't do it for me, I think we are better off without him. I think we can win out if we play the way we know we can.

Gabe doesn't do it for me, I think we are better off without him. I think we can win out if we play the way we know we can.
I disagree. teams have scored 94 and 82 points without him. Ayo was held to 10 points the first game and had a trouble double in the last.

Robbins is the biggest factor in the next 4 games. he couldn't run or jump against IL

I disagree. teams have scored 94 and 82 points without him. Ayo was held to 10 points the first game and had a trouble double in the last.

Robbins is the biggest factor in the next 4 games. he couldn't run or jump against IL
We are more athletic without Gabe and he's a liability with the ball in his hands. He's a bench player at best any other B1G school.

I get the Gabe hate from casuals --- but seriously you think Gabe is riding the pine at Nebraska?
Good point. Gabe is the type of player that would be best suited if he had a strong supporting cast around him from an offensive stand point. So he would be good if he would only need to focus on D and boards.

Good point. Gabe is the type of player that would be best suited if he had a strong supporting cast around him from an offensive stand point. So he would be good if he would only need to focus on D and boards.
I'd agree with this post more than your others...Gabe gets a lot of hate but the reality is he guards the other teams' best player every game and holds his own pretty well. He doesn't commit stupid fouls while doing it. Has been bad shooting the 3 but overall we're not a better team without him playing.

I think Pitino should bite the bullet and sit Robbins until he is at least 90%. Running him out there when he clearly can't play up to a reasonable standard hurts the team and hurts Robbins' recovery.

The goal should be to get Robbins as healthy as possible for the B1G Tournament. The way it's looking, the Gophers might have to go on a run in the B1G tournament to ensure an NCAA berth.

as far as the last four games, I hope the Gophs can go 2-2. 3-1 would be better, but I have a hard time believing in this collection of players. (and coaches)

I'd agree with this post more than your others...Gabe gets a lot of hate but the reality is he guards the other teams' best player every game and holds his own pretty well. He doesn't commit stupid fouls while doing it. Has been bad shooting the 3 but overall we're not a better team without him playing.
He hasn't just been bad at shooting 3's. He has turned the ball over way too much and he cannot do anything offensively. I do agree that he does have skill on the defensive end but I think we need more right now then that. I guess the next few games will be telling.

He hasn't just been bad at shooting 3's. He has turned the ball over way too much and he cannot do anything offensively. I do agree that he does have skill on the defensive end but I think we need more right now then that. I guess the next few games will be telling.
He's averaging 1.4 TO's per game playing 31 minutes. I wouldn't say that's too much. The gophers overall are good at not turning the ball over. He's bad at shooting 3s but still averaging about 10 points so he's scoring somewhere.

Gabe deserves some of the grief he's getting but to say we're better without him than with him is too much.

Edit: we've also given up a TON of points without him our last two games. We're not going to win any games giving up 88 points per game.

If we go 4-0 were a lock heading into the B1G tournament. Honestly any aspiring NCAA tournament team SHOULD go 4-0 against that slate, especially with their backs up to the wall. 3 of the 4 games are against the 3 worst teams in the league, and then we get a bubble type team at home.

Honestly probably best case as far as next year is concerned. Gophers should go 4-0. Anything less than 3-1 should be deemed unacceptable. 2-2 and worse we know at that point Pitino needs to go.

That's more about give up than it is about Gabe making much of a difference IMO.

He is valuable if he plays his role. However, the coach has never defined it correctly. He has just let him bomb 3's when he's shooting 20%. If the kid shot 1-2 a game, drove the lane once in a while, moved the ball and play D, he would be great.

That said, that sort of thing only happens at places like Wisconsin, Purdue etc where the coaches know what they are doing and players are smart and know their roles.

He is valuable if he plays his role. However, the coach has never defined it correctly. He has just let him bomb 3's when he's shooting 20%. If the kid shot 1-2 a game, drove the lane once in a while, moved the ball and play D, he would be great.

That said, that sort of thing only happens at places like Wisconsin, Purdue etc where the coaches know what they are doing and players are smart and know their roles.
He shouldn't be shooting so much from outside...hell nobody should on the team.

I find it impossible to believe we can lose to Northwestern and Nebraska in 48 hours.

Top Bottom