Enough Already - Whose Your Next Golden Gophers BB Coach??? Time To Make a Pick!!

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
This one is for all the bragging rights that can only be important to prepubescent or middle age males.

I'm going off the beaten path and going with Wes Miller from UNC-Greensboro. I understand he's a North Carolina through and through, however, if you can swing 'em, it don't matter where the course is located. A good coach, is a good coach and a good recruiter is a good recruiter IMO.

So now that we've got that "insightful analysis" out of the way - what seeze the real experts on here, i'll hang up and listen.

I’m going with Pat Kelsey. That name hasn’t been mentioned much on here, but has a pretty strong resume at Winthrop. Just a pure guess

With Texas getting upset, Horns boosters panic, Smart is fired and he’s reciting Ski-U-Mah the very next day.

Medved for me.
Wes Miller is an interesting call though. I went to the UNC-Greensboro/Mercer game in Macon last month. UNCG was very quick and athletic. They were a fun watch.

FWIW, I don’t think the next gopher head coach has been named in this thread yet.
Holding out my opinion until I see how teams perform in a singular game (haha, just kidding)
I think they’ll hire a P6 coach who is currently employed—Eric Musselman

Musselman or Shaka. Reality is it will be Gates.

Gates' press conference is already scheduled for Tuesday, 10 AM.

Book it.

Shaka Smart isn't leaving Texas for MN...come on guys.

I'm going to go with Gates. I'd rather have Craig Smith or Grant McCasland ( He runs the same system as Chris Beard). Both are future stars in coaching.

Gotta be Smith.

Gates is too much risk. Let DePaul or Marquette take that risk. Good luck to him

I think Utah will outbid Minnesota for Craig Smith, so I'm going with Nikko Medved.

That super wealthy PAC school Utah ... that's been in the PAC for like 5 minutes ... and the PAC is the poorest P5 conf in terms of the money they give each school from TV money.

Yep, makes perfect sense.

That super wealthy PAC school Utah ... that's been in the PAC for like 5 minutes ... and the PAC is the poorest P5 conf in terms of the money they give each school from TV money.

Yep, makes perfect sense.
Larry Krystkowiak was making $3.9 million at Utah.

Where do they get their money?!

Sure as hell ain't Marriott.

Craig Smith ... but I'll be very happy with Dennis Gates.

If I had to guess, I think it'll be Craig Smith.

They need to hurry up and announce a hire, I'm going to get carpal tunnel syndrome from all of this refreshing.

I'd still like it to be Dutcher. I think reality is favorite Smith, with chance of Gates

Loyola will likely lose this game but they look so connected on defense and have very good ball movement on offense. Way more impressive than the other teams we have been looking at. Small size sample obviously. Moser looks like a coach.

Top Bottom