Enjoy the ride up and up

Ole

Reaction score
I'm disappointed in the L to wisky again, but their senior rich defense was too much for our freshmen laden offense. They lose their 3 legit differencemakers in abberderis, borland, and white/gordon III(as one). Other than those 3 there's not a big difference in talent between the two programs IMO.

That said, things are looking up and up.
While I still am not certain whether we'll end up gaining a rose bowl berth under Kill, the days of losing to D2 schools like NDSU or going 3-9 are over, right now.

Our team depth is better than at any point since I've been watching gopher football, especially on defense.

The offense basically returns everyone next year and returns the QB/WRs/TE for the next 2 or 3. That type of chemistry will lead to a much more efficient attack.
We were able to redshirt 2 of 3 our most dangerous offesive weapons in Edwards and Streveler.

We also redshirted a bunch of defensive guys who in the past I'm sure would have been thrown to the wolves like Amaefula/Wells/Thompson/S. Ekpe/Keith/Johnson/Travis/Murray.

Differencemakers?
This program is going to be built upon a solid scheme first and foremost, and until we gain some "street cred" with recruits nationally, we're going to have to rely on raw athletes to develop into guys who make plays.
Cockran, Murray, and Campbell are only going to get better, and guys like Myrick, Mcghee, and Laster fit into that mold too.

On offense, Nelson will continue to cool his blood and improve his accuracy. I fully expect him to be the type of player Chandler Harnish was at NIU, and having Leidner behind him will only help things. Our freshmen receivers won't likely drop easy balls the next time they play wisconsin as sophomores or juniors. Nelson won't miss Williams for a wide open touchdown next time. Speaking of...

Maxx Williams will end up a finalist for the John Mackey award sooner rather than later. He's going to be the featured weapon going forward and will only be getting better at running routes and stronger overall.

Our Oline and running attack will continue to improve, and honestly looking at the recruits we've brought in under Kill at this position, you have to like our chances at being a top unit in the B1G for the next few years.

The 2015 recruiting class will be the one that ends up playing the definitive Kill era seasons IMO.

Nothing is guaranteed, but I have a hard time seeing Kill not finish out his contract and probably another few years. By 2017-2019 we will be 7-9 years into the Kill era and by then we should be coming off a string of bowls hopefully some better than the fringe 6-6 type.

Whether we are finally able to challenge for a league title under Kill is going to come down to in state stud recruits. Do players like Jeff Jones, Seantrell Henderson, or Micheal Floyd take a shot on the hometown team finally under stable and successful coaches? A signature recruit could sway the path of Kill and his program from a nice season like we had here to a huge breakthrough one like other programs have had.

Time will tell, but I have a hard time seeing the program as swinging any way but up for the next few years and Kill's track record doesn't show this type of winning season to be a mirage or built on fool's gold.
I'm excited to enjoy the ride and to see whether Kill now can become that transformative coach who leaves a legacy of winning and elevates the program to rediscovered heights.

Amazing what having a plan and sticking to it can do.

I really like how Kill has built depth. He started right away by matching guys with situations to get them on the field and then starting expanding their roles with the cream rising to the top. In doing that, he's built a stable of guys who can play.

He's burned a lot of red-shirts simply because he has had to, but I really believe that when he gets the program on the classic five-year cycle, we're going to be right up there.

And love the smashmouth approach.

When Kill's name was brought after Maturi swung and badly missed on the name coaches, I did some research on Jerry. I really liked what I saw and was hoping he would take the job if offered. Coach Kill's resume and track record of building programs was exactly what we needed. Plus I was extremely impressed with the continuity of his staff after what we had experienced with Brewster and Mason. When he was announced as the new head coach, I was very pleased and ready to move forward.

The signs are there for Coach Kill to repeat his past success here at Minnesota. No question that there its still an uphill struggle but the hill doesn't seem quite as steep compared to three years ago.

gordon is a sophmore and most likely, is coming back. corey clement is a difference maker that you clearly haven't seen yet. 4 of 5 on o line come back. offense will be excellent. defense loses a lot of talent but 3 of 4 d backs are back and at least 7 guys in front seven are back that have played a lot. wisconsin will not take as big a step back as you might think. the biggest difference was wisconsin's playmakers. there are other differences as well, like depth.

gordon is a sophmore and most likely, is coming back. corey clement is a difference maker that you clearly haven't seen yet. 4 of 5 on o line come back. offense will be excellent. defense loses a lot of talent but 3 of 4 d backs are back and at least 7 guys in front seven are back that have played a lot. wisconsin will not take as big a step back as you might think. the biggest difference was wisconsin's playmakers. there are other differences as well, like depth.

ummmm....thanks?

I really don't want this to be another damn wisky troll self esteem argument, but no damn freshman is proven, especially when he's not a primary starter.
Gordon might come back but he's gonna have to prove he can tote the rock without white or ball. Abberderis is the only receiver your program has worth anything. Even our horrid WR depth is better. Borland is your defense, the rest of them are just solid upperclassmen, your program will have depth, but it's not head and shoulders better than ours anymore, hence my essay on how much better we are going to be the next few years.
Thanks for stopping by, now go back to killing your liver with old mil and colby cheese.

Further evidence that there is not a SINGLE fan base in the country that is more concerned with what people think of them. Good lawd, the level of insecurity with Badger fan is just plain off the charts.

There's nothing wrong with being a nice solid second tier BT program. Enjoy it!! Embrace it!!! There's nothing to be ashamed of in knowing the program will never reach the status of OSU, Michigan, Nebraska, even Penn State. Not many ever will.

No other B1G fan base produces insecure trolls at the level Wisconsin does. It is astounding.

Amazing what having a plan and sticking to it can do.

I really like how Kill has built depth. He started right away by matching guys with situations to get them on the field and then starting expanding their roles with the cream rising to the top. In doing that, he's built a stable of guys who can play.

He's burned a lot of red-shirts simply because he has had to, but I really believe that when he gets the program on the classic five-year cycle, we're going to be right up there.

And love the smashmouth approach.

We were on the 5 year cycle already. We had 10 seniors who had red shirted. Next year 16 red shirt seniors. The year after 18. This all depends on kids not leaving upon meeting their graduation requirements.

We were on the 5 year cycle already. We had 10 seniors who had red shirted. Next year 16 red shirt seniors. The year after 18. This all depends on kids not leaving upon meeting their graduation requirements.

The 2011 class had numerous quality recruits that played right away and likely would have been redshirted. Guys like Cobb, Wells, Amaefula, Jones, DCT, Goodger, Levine, Tommy Olson, Shortell, and Thompson. In 2012 again due to a lack of depth guys like Ekpe, Johnson, Keith, Maye, McDonald, Murray, Nelson, Plsek, Travis, and Roderick Williams all likely would be candidates. 2013 H. Ekpe, Jones, Wolitarsky, and Myrick all could have been.
Some would have played no doubt but we've been seeing alot of these guys before they are matured. Should be exciting to see what Kill and the coaches can do with a guy who's been in the program for 5 years in a few seasons. Cockran comes to mind.

Go back to Buckyville with the rest of the P.O.S.

Otis makes some good points. I hope he is wrong, but Wi is the closest thing to a Helmet school there is outside of OSU in the B1G.

We are 5-19 against them since Alvarez took over.

I hope we continue to develop depth and knock them off next year.

Top Bottom