Embarassing yes, bad performance no

vaporboy

Patiently waiting in Pasadena
Reaction score
tOSU shot over 60% and had a couple more rebounds and TOs (no-calls) go their way. That was the difference in the game. If any team shoots that well they usually win. Diebler and Bufford hit some shots that they normally wouldn't and many times it was with a Gopher hand in their face.

Meanwhile, the Gophers shot over 50%, that too normally would win a game. This was one of the better offensive performances of the year by MN. It is still better to lose a game because the other team was making shots. The last couple of loses they actually shot better than the other team but lost anyway.

I agree that it would have been a coup if the Gophers had managed to pull out a win against a very good OSU team in their home gym, especially with their starting point guard, and both their power forwards out. Further, with the job Al did on Turner last time, I was dreading this game. I think if we win out on our home court and win the rest of the winnable road games, we'll be in good position. However, there were still some frustrating moments yesterday. Frankly, it's not been a good month for Minnesota sports fans, especially if they also happen to be fans of Arsenal, like yours truly.

My main problem and the reason it was a bad performance was the complete and utter lack of defense. Yeah OSU shot well but that's because every single 3 they made was uncontested. They had at least 5 uncontested lobs and Even Turner had a layup every single time down the court if he wanted. I'm not even going to get into our transition D... that's why the performance was bad in my book.

Top Bottom