Elite starts with Strength and Conditioning program, any word yet on that?

gopherdudepart2

Reaction score
Any word yet on who the strength and conditioning coordinator and staff are going to be yet? Any of the previous staff for that being retained, or are they starting that program over? I know the head coach is at the Nashville convention, just wondering if any word has leaked on that front. School starts next week, most of the guys that will be back should be back in town by them, ready to meet the new staff, which I assume means SC coordinator and staff for the offseason program.

I feel like strength and conditioning might be a thing as far as performance but hell if I can tell what coach does well or doesn't.

Most of the time it is like the hitting coach on a baseball team. If folks don't hit, he gets fired and they hire someone new and maybe they hit better but hell if I know if that guy had anything to do with it ....

L1wM7u.gif

Any word yet on who the strength and conditioning coordinator and staff are going to be yet? Any of the previous staff for that being retained, or are they starting that program over? I know the head coach is at the Nashville convention, just wondering if any word has leaked on that front. School starts next week, most of the guys that will be back should be back in town by them, ready to meet the new staff, which I assume means SC coordinator and staff for the offseason program.

Know more on Thursday perhaps.

Klein is still on the gophersports coaches roster. I don't think he's going anywhere.

Klein is still on the gophersports coaches roster. I don't think he's going anywhere.

I wouldn't read much into what is up on gophersports.com right now in terms of staff. Most coaches bring in a new strength coach, would be surprised if Klein remains on the final staff.

One thing I've always wondered are do teams all have the same strength coaches at the U? Or is there one for each team?

One thing I've always wondered are do teams all have the same strength coaches at the U? Or is there one for each team?

I can't speak for the U, but I worked with one of them from UW and he was a strength and conditioning coach for women's volleyball and track I believe. He said that they do have more than one but they each have several sports to work with. Football may be a single individual though.

I have not been impressed with Klein's work at all.

Top Bottom