Edsall named Monday...will bring most of his staff

GopherinPhilly

Reaction score
I predict that on Monday Randy Edsall will be named our new coach and he will bring most of his staff with him.

Re: Edsall named Monday...will bring most of staff

We heard it here first, huh?

Did somebody in the Temple Athletic Dept tell you this?

Pretty sure it's not Edsall if the new coach is already scheduled to fly in tomorrow night.

I predict that on Monday Randy Edsall will be named our new coach and he will bring most of his staff with him.

So, is this a prediction or are you basing it on something? Because you sure seemed specific in your thread title. If you have something concrete to base it on, then great. If it is a prediction based on nothing, then change the thread title.

Either way, this is starting to suck for UConn. They are about to play the biggest game in the history of the program and rumors are starting to fly that the coach is leaving. Reminds me of Tubby/Auburn on NCAA tourney last year.

Pretty sure it's not Edsall if the new coach is already scheduled to fly in tomorrow night.

Fly in... So it's not Chryst cause there is no reason to fly from Madison right?

Either way, this is starting to suck for UConn. They are about to play the biggest game in the history of the program and rumors are starting to fly that the coach is leaving. Reminds me of Tubby/Auburn on NCAA tourney last year.

I agree. It sucks for them. But unlike Tubby to Auburn, there's enough smoke here to be legit. Not one jackwagon posting something on a blog. What's sad is how willing CBS was to blather on about it the whole game based on that one BS source.

Should they win tonight, who will coach them in the Orange Bowl if he brings his staff here??

His Asst. head coach stays behind...but based on my research and gut...he brings his new O Coord., D Coord. and Recruiting/Special Teams guy. Just a hunch...based on tenure, relationship to Edsall and time with Edsall.

So, is this a prediction or are you basing it on something? Because you sure seemed specific in your thread title. If you have something concrete to base it on, then great. If it is a prediction based on nothing, then change the thread title.

I am basing this on the following:

1. Who needs to move this year versus can wait til next year. Edsall is getting to the age, time at Uconn, etc that waiting much longer reduces his value. He isn't performing at a level that a top school will grab him and he isn't getting any younger. He needs to move an Mn is a good fit for him.
2. Who fits the Maturi mold and what was actually told we would get (Experienced HC).
3. Of all the coaches we have heard we have interviewed, met with, etc. He is the only one, IMO, that fits the mold, isn't being enticed heavily to stay, has a contract that is workable and would see MN as a big promotion and opportunity.
4. He has a game tonight which would put a hold on the announcement...among all the coaches we supposedly targeted or met with...he is the most likely candidate with a game left. I don't Calhoun is our guy and I don't think Hoke will leave SDSU after they throw another $5 mil at him to stay.

Don't headline guesses as facts. Should be: "My guess - Edsall here by Monday." That would tell it all.

TJ you have a way of saying it and not saying it as well. Not in this case, but previously.

You have inside info at times and just hint around.

Nah I don't think it's him. I don't think it's Hoke, Sumlin, Shannon, etc either.

I think it's the "I can't believe this guy was interested" person Maturi mentioned.

Guess we'll see in about 24 and some odd hours.

Well, I certainly hope this prediction is wrong. Edsall is far enough down the list of current/former head coaches that I'd much prefer an accomplished coordinator. I know UCONN is a tough place to win, but the Big East sure isn't, and his results haven't impressed me much.

Nah I don't think it's him. I don't think it's Hoke, Sumlin, Shannon, etc either.

I think it's the "I can't believe this guy was interested" person Maturi mentioned.

Guess we'll see in about 24 and some odd hours.

The only other person it could be then, and fit your mold, is Chris Peterson. Only because it is clear the person is coaching today.

The only other person it could be then, and fit your mold, is Chris Peterson. Only because it is clear the person is coaching today.

Spurrier is definitely someone who I couldn't believe would be interested. So I'm assuming it's him.

TJ you have a way of saying it and not saying it as well. Not in this case, but previously.

You have inside info at times and just hint around.

He's not hinting around. He flat out said in his headline "Edsall named Monday." Then later called it a "prediction." Those two don't jive. It is either based on something or not. In this case, it appears to be speculation.

I agree. It sucks for them. But unlike Tubby to Auburn, there's enough smoke here to be legit. Not one jackwagon posting something on a blog. What's sad is how willing CBS was to blather on about it the whole game based on that one BS source.

Where's the smoke? Other than a few people on here suggesting it might be Edsall, there isn't anything solid to say Edsall would be the guy, is there?

Peterson (or Kyle Whittingham) to the U, Shannon to Vandy and Edsall to MN...

Aye, why not?
We can do better than Esdall. I hope we do.

I am standing by my prediction...but I wanted Leach. I still think Edsall will be announced on Monday...not Sunday because of BCS show, etc.

Top Bottom