Eddie Nuñez, U of NM AD interviewing candidates in Chicago; three emerge in Lobo hoops coaching search

Tully55

Reaction score

Richard Pitino, the 38-year-old coach at Minnesota who is expected to part ways soon with the Big Ten school after eight seasons,

• Kyle Keller, the 53-year-old coach at Stephen F. Austin coach who has also been a junior college head coach and longtime Big 12 and SEC assistant and

• Tim Miles, the 54-year-old former coach at Nebraska of the Big Ten and in the Mountain West at Colorado State. Two of his two longtime assistant coaches have earned MWC Media Poll Coach of the Year honors in the past three seasons in Utah State’s Craig Smith and CSU’s Niko Medved.

I wasn't familiar with Keller but he has had a very good unadjusted record at SFA. Unfortunately, many of those wins have been vacated due to errors in determining athlete eligibility. The good thing for him is that this errors weren't confined to his program as the errors involved athletes throughout the university's program.

I would pick either of the other two over Pitino but I could see Pitino getting this job based on some non-athletic performance factors.

I wonder if Richard might park himself at Iona for a year under his Dad if he doesn't get the job he wants.... with the deal that he would be the next coach there.

I guess there are some delusional Louisville fans on their fan forum wanting Mack fired and replaced by Richard. They think the reason he didn’t recruit well is because it’s Minnesota. I would take a Pitino for Mack trade.

I guess there are some delusional Louisville fans on their fan forum wanting Mack fired and replaced by Richard. They think the reason he didn’t recruit well is because it’s Minnesota. I would take a Pitino for Mack trade.
Jim Souhan is not on board with this....

Well, my guess is that Pitino could recruit better at Louisville than at Minnesota. The same thing could be said of most ACC coaches. What those fans don't appear to know is that recruiting isn't Richard's primary problem.

I think some of you are getting a bit carried away by the uptick in state talent over the last decade. Matthew Hurt isn't exactly James Worthy. Kevin McHale was the best player ever to come out of this state and he was a great player but the second best player probably was Mark Olberding.

I wasn't familiar with Keller but he has had a very good unadjusted record at SFA. Unfortunately, many of those wins have been vacated due to errors in determining athlete eligibility. The good thing for him is that this errors weren't confined to his program as the errors involved athletes throughout the university's program.

I would pick either of the other two over Pitino but I could see Pitino getting this job based on some non-athletic performance factors.
I believe that current Illinois coach Brad Undewood was at Steven F Austin when when the five years of sanctions started.

Richard Pitino should go to de Paul.
Would be a good get for both of them

Top Bottom