Early Signing Period Change

With the transfer rule why does it matter? Who will be the first player to live stream entering the portal during halftime?

a few details from The Athletic:

College football’s early signing period is expected to move to even earlier in December, ahead of the opening of the winter transfer portal window.

The signing period would give athletes a short period of time to sign NLIs after the conclusion of their high school seasons and just before the transfer window for all undergraduate players opens.

No decision has been made yet on the early signing period’s duration, but it will last either three or seven days. The portal opens the day after teams are selected for the College Football Playoff.

“The biggest reason we’re doing this is to clear up the football recruiting calendar so the signing period and the transfer portal don’t overlap,” Wistrcill said. “The feedback we’ve received from all coaches is that December is a mess. Especially with the expansion of the CFP coming next year, that just creates more chaos in December. This should help.”

One other option the group is discussing is the possibility of a summer signing period (either in June or August) for college football. It would begin and end before athletes’ senior season, much like college basketball’s early signing period.

The U needs a summer signing period to dispel the misinformation that Minnesota like Canada has year round winter, snow & ice. Remember public education has been in the decline for decades. "Studies have shown Money is inversely propositional to Education." Thomas Sowell

The U needs a summer signing period to dispel the misinformation that Minnesota like Canada has year round winter, snow & ice. Remember public education has been in the decline for decades. "Studies have shown Money is inversely propositional to Education." Thomas Sowell
Just show them the weather from this winter (with the exception of January 13-20), and say that this is our normal winter.

I just posted this on another thread, but this might be a better place:

The early signing period should be about August 1st, after the summer recruiting ends and before fall practice begins.

Ah my bad, didn't know GiI started a thread on this.

Here are the Pete Thamel Tweets I had put in the other thread:

Restrictions on player movement set by a governing body of a monopsony seem like a clear cut violation of Section 1 of the Sherman Act.

Over the past few years I’ve learned that any pro-competitive rule, regulation, or agreement set by a monopsony restricting a player’s right to engage a counterparty that is tampering, inducing, bribing is per se disallowed under the Sherman Act. This is obvious, and not an effort to skirt said rules for purposes of personal or professional gain at the expense of fair play or a level playing field.

Top Bottom