Dylan

That thing should replace the t-shirt gun at games. And instead of shooting t-shirts, it should shoot canned hams.
I remember back in the dome days they had a t-shirt gun that looked like some engineering students worked up and it was WAY powerful.

I assume the new spring loaded guns are more, safe...

That thing should replace the t-shirt gun at games. And instead of shooting t-shirts, it should shoot canned hams.

Let's make it into a meat raffle with a wheel and everything on the big screen and the winner just gets pork chops blasted into their chops.

He had moments where he looked like a legit NFL player last year. If he puts it together, our offense is starting to look pretty dangerous.
Agree with both you and STP - I'll add that from what I gathered his issues for not dominating last year had nothing to do with skill. Although, I believe he missed a portion of the season dealing with the death of a family member as well (may have been connected to the Utah player that got shot?)

When I was a student in Territorial Hall back in the 70’s we had some engineers on the floor who built polish cannons by taping pop cans together and used butane lighter fluid to blast out tennis balls. It may, or may not, have been used to shoot down the dorm hallway. The craziest was soaking the tennis balls with lighter fluid and setting them on fire before shooting them. Flaming dodge ball on the top of the parking garage across the street from the dorm. Good times (remember, the legal drinking age was 18 back then, and we had kegs in some of the dorm rooms).

When I was a student in Territorial Hall back in the 70’s we had some engineers on the floor who built polish cannons by taping pop cans together and used butane lighter fluid to blast out tennis balls. It may, or may not, have been used to shoot down the dorm hallway. The craziest was soaking the tennis balls with lighter fluid and setting them on fire before shooting them. Flaming dodge ball on the top of the parking garage across the street from the dorm. Good times (remember, the legal drinking age was 18 back then, and we had kegs in some of the dorm rooms).
Nice! My friends and I tried making a polish canon with pop cans when we were kids and the tennis ball got stuck, then the cans fell apart, and we just gave up...We really didn't know what we were doing. We ended up burning stuff with the lighter fluid though so that was fun. Glad it worked for you guys.

Fast forward about 20 years or so, and one of those friends became a master at making potato guns with PVC pipe, spark igniter, and AquaNet hair spray. Sometimes those spuds would fly out of sight!

They should ban one-word thread titles.

Agree with both you and STP - I'll add that from what I gathered his issues for not dominating last year had nothing to do with skill. Although, I believe he missed a portion of the season dealing with the death of a family member as well (may have been connected to the Utah player that got shot?)
Two of his HS friends were shot and killed, including one which was a player at Utah.

I'm curious. Often times people will say that the quarterback threw the ball too hard. How does this machine compare to the speed of a quarterback?

I was a student at Augsburg College in the 70's. Auggie's two main dorms both overlook I-94.
Some people I knew also had the pop-can cannon, and they would shoot tennis balls down onto I-94 and try and hit vehicles. Some alcohol may have been involved.

These individuals may have been from the Iron Range.....

I think I am most excited to see his growth from last season.
I'm excited to see him...at all.

I can't recall a Gopher I had to ask if he dressed for the game so often. And yet he torched Ohio State and at times looked like the next great Gopher WR.

I know he went through some tough stuff last year, but consistency will be huge for him. Hope Kirk can get him going.

Nice! My friends and I tried making a polish canon with pop cans when we were kids and the tennis ball got stuck, then the cans fell apart, and we just gave up...We really didn't know what we were doing. We ended up burning stuff with the lighter fluid though so that was fun. Glad it worked for you guys.

Fast forward about 20 years or so, and one of those friends became a master at making potato guns with PVC pipe, spark igniter, and AquaNet hair spray. Sometimes those spuds would fly out of sight!
Yup. Those were the good old Animal House Era. It's crazy to think that was over forty years ago! We are the old people now.

Tanner Morgan, Rashod Bateman, and Tyler Johnson improved over the Summer leading up to the magical 2019 season.

Chris Autman-Bell and DylanWright will gel together with Tanner Morgan and have a great upcoming season.

Last edited:

I'm excited to see him...at all.

I can't recall a Gopher I had to ask if he dressed for the game so often. And yet he torched Ohio State and at times looked like the next great Gopher WR.

I know he went through some tough stuff last year, but consistency will be huge for him. Hope Kirk can get him going.
I never heard definitively, but Fleck was always intimating that Dylan's problems weren't related to ability. Burns was always stressing that on his podcast as well, and I think I even heard CAB mention it in an interview once. Based on that, I suppose we can assume Wright's lack of playing time was related to difficulty learning the system or attitude/off the field issues like classroom performance or work ethic. Could be something else, of course, but those are probably near the top of the list of possibilities. In a program built on character, hard work, accountability, etc., I could see either limiting playing time. Let's hope he's overcome whatever was hindering him last year because he's clearly gifted.

I never heard definitively, but Fleck was always intimating that Dylan's problems weren't related to ability. Burns was always stressing that on his podcast as well, and I think I even heard CAB mention it in an interview once. Based on that, I suppose we can assume Wright's lack of playing time was related to difficulty learning the system or attitude/off the field issues like classroom performance or work ethic. Could be something else, of course, but those are probably near the top of the list of possibilities. In a program built on character, hard work, accountability, etc., I could see either limiting playing time. Let's hope he's overcome whatever was hindering him last year because he's clearly gifted.

No doubt.

Also wonder if he was having some issues with mental errors and fully grasping the playbook. They could've simplified things for him against Ohio St. But I'm just pulling that out of my rear end.

Dylan will be fine. He will develop rapport with Tanner Morgan and the other QBs and will be in the groove by the start of football season. With KC back, he will have the receiving corps back on full throttle.

I could tell, I had to get the deodorant out

rimshot-pun.gif

Reactions: Bnk

Top Bottom